Chapter 9

Playlist: I'm a mess by Bebe Rexha

It's been over two days now since Nonso has been ignoring me. He just acts like I'm not even there. During lunch breaks, he doesn't seat with Uju, Bukky and I anymore. It's really painful. He won't even give me a chance to explain what really happened and it's messed up. At home, we don't talk or anything.

Everyone at school actually know something is wrong. There are rumours about me cheating on him with Jeremy which isn't entirely true, others are saying he just used me for popularity which is just plain stupidity.

"Okay bring out your maths textbooks and open it to page 67." I didn't even know when the maths teacher came into the class. We were still on differentiation after three weeks and it's tiring. And unfortunately we had two periods of his class this morning.

Because of our talent show coming up, we hardly had classes anymore. After break, we just go to our various clubs to practice. I and Jeremy were singing a duet but not rewrite the stars anymore. We just had to look for the perfect song. Lately I've been ignoring him and every other person but I guess I can't avoid him forever.

In case you're wondering, yeah it's club time so I'm seated in the music room with the rest of my club members. Most of them were in groups gisting.

"Hey." I groaned. Just the person I didn't want to see or talk to.

"What is it Jeremy?" I sighed. I was just tired of everything and everyone. No one wants to hear my side of the story and it's annoying.

"I'm sorry for what happened. I didn't know you really liked him. I can help you talk to him." I looked at him and he was scratching his neck.

"No, thank you. You've done enough." I said standing up to go to another side of the room. I was about to walk away when he held my hand.

"Please just let me make it up to you. I know how we can make him talk to you again."

I removed my hands from his grip angrily. "We? Did you say we? This is all your fault. Your own mess. So fix it yourself." I hissed and walked out. To say I was pissed was an understatement.

School went by fast. We discussed possible songs we could perform. Well my mind wasn't entirely there but I grabbed a few things. I was going to perform stay with Jeremy. Yeah it's a duet by Rihanna feat Mikky Ekko. Then our group song was we are the world. I really don't know how she got the inspiration for that. Zainab had a duet with one guy like that. The arrangements were really cool.

Today didn't really go the way I wanted it to go. I just wanted to go home, eat,sleep on my bed till tomorrow. I'm tired jor.

Everyone was talking in groups. I didn't really have anything to do or anyone to talk to because I didn't want to talk to Jeremy about anything so I took my phone and opened my Wattpad to look for something to read. It really helps to keep me sane. I'm even thinking about writing my own book self.

"Hey." I looked up and a girl from I don't know, I think she'll probably be in JSS3 or 2. She was dark, with cute eyes and a petite body. She was grinning from ear to ear.

"Hello." I said smiling back even though mine was quite fake.

"Can I seat down?"

"Sure. Go ahead." She sat down beside me and she kept staring at me. "Do you want to talk to me about something?"

She chuckled. "No not really. You looked really lonely and I wanted to keep you company." I actually resisted the urge to say awwwn. I was seconds away from saying it.

"That's so nice. So what's your name?" I put off my phone and turned to face her fully.

"I'm Regina."