Alternative Ending

Playlist: purpose by Justin beiber.

So I'm starting this chapter from when she told Nonso about her brother. I don't want to repeat that part. So just pretend like the chapter before this one wasn't written.

So just a dare has gotten 1k reads. I'm so happy. Thanks guys.

After dinner, I went up to my room to sleep. I spent some time thinking about everything and about how I hurt Nonso and I didn't know when I slept off.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm reading 6:30 since my mom wanted us to go to church today. We hardly go to church ever since my brother died. I stood up from my bed, pulled my pajamas and dumped them in the laundry basket.

I went to my bathroom, had my hyginene and walked to my closet to look for what to wear. I didn't really have a lot of churchy clothes so I just took a black skinny jeans and one of my ankara peplon tops. I matched it with black flats. I applied a little bit of lip balm. I checked one of my drawers for my bible.

After dressing up, I tied a turban to at least cover my cornrows. I got downstairs and no one was down yet only Aunt Agnes.

"Good morning ma." I politely greeted.

"Good morning Lulu. How was your night?" She asked, still doing what she was doing.

"It was okay at least." I mumbled to myself.

Nonso came together with Amara

When did they reconcile?

"Hey sistur." Amara said cheerily. I eyed her and ignored her greeting.

"Hey Lu." Nonso said and I smiled because it's only Jane that calls me that.

Speaking of Jane, it has been long I talked to her. After that day, I couldn't even reply her text message. I make a mental note to reply her after church.

After our breakfast of toast bread and tea, we all got into the car together with my parents. My dad came back late last night. We got to the church by roughly 8 o'clock. The church environment looked strange mainly because we only go to church during watch night services and a few Sundays. The church was a big building with two other buildings which I assumed were the teens church and children's church.

The church was painted light yellow. The podium was very high with nothing less than 500 chairs downstairs and at least 200 chairs upstairs.

Sundays in my house are like Saturdays. I wake up early too fix breakfast with the help of aunt Agnes but since we were going to church today, she decided she wanted to do it alone while I'll make dinner.

The church service was actually nice. The pastor was talking about Faith. It was a nice topic. He made funny comments from time to time. Most people were stealing glances at me and my sister most of the time. They were probably wondering who we were.

After the church service, a woman wearing an expensive looking lace with a very loud make up who I assumed was the pastor's wife came to meet my mom and was talking to her. Probably to encourage her to come often and all those other stuff they say. We left her with the chubby looking woman with my mom and got into the car since Amara was with the car key.

"So are you prepared for the test tomorrow?" I heard Nonso say. I thought he was talking to Amara so I decided to ignore. "Luchi, are you going to ignore me right now?" He said with feigned annoyance.

I cleared my throat and looked at him. "I didn't know you were talking to me now. Please don't be angry. And I'm prepared at least. I hope I do well. How about you?" I asked, turning to face him.