Chapter 4

Song: Rewrite the stars from greatest showman.

The video is up there.

So today is Wednesday and oh how I love love love Wednesdays.

Wednesdays in my school is usually fun, after lunch break, there'll be club activities for two hours. I'm actually in music club because well, I sing well- not the suprano typa sing well- I'm actually an alto singer and I can sing high notes to an extent sha.

After I saw Nonso in my house yesterday, I found out his mum is my mom's close friend and his mum is doing this book launching on Sunday and wants my mom to be the guest speaker. His mom is actually pretty. She has this golden brown skin, her eyes were almond shaped, with thick long lashes,her lips aren't exactly pink but close tho. Her natural hair was cut short. Well, I won't lie Nonso got his looks from her.

Well I'm actually in my class going through lyrics of a song I want us to try out later in the club but it'll have to be a duet tho.

"Hey." I looked up to see where the voice was coming from.

"Hey Jer."

"We're back to nicknames aren't we?" He said, smiling.

"Don't push your luck, young man." I said, going back to what I was doing.

"I thought you'll say that. What you doing?" He said peeping into my book. "Rewrite the Stars huh? You want to sing that?"

"Nope I want to eat it."

"Nice one. We can sing it together if you want." He sat down on the chair directly in front of me.

Yeah, he sings, he's in the same club as me. We usually sing alot of duets till you know? The big break up.

"I don't know about that."

"It's not going to be that bad you know? Besides it'll be nice for old times sake." This time, he was standing up and coming over to my chair. He held my hand and looked into my eyes probably trying to make me fall again.

Hell no satan. Not today.

"Fine, I guess we can do it. It's the beginning of the term after all. You know the song nah." I said, taking my hands away from his and giving him a copy of the lyrics I wrote.

"Yeah sure. See you then during lunch break." He folded the paper and put it in his trouser pocket and put his hands into them and left the class.

Sigh!

It was officially the period before lunch break. I looked around to see if I'll see Uju and Bukky but they weren't there instead I saw Zainab. Evil Zainab and she was with Nonso.

She kept twirling the ends of her cornrows around her fingers. Yes,her hair was that long. She had the longest natural hair in the school which is not a surprise because she's mixed. Her dad is Nigerian and her mom is a Canadian, she was light skinned with greyish eyes. Her eyes were smallish with the right amount of eyelashes. Her lips were redish.

Yeah,she was very cute but she's also the slut in the school. She had her way with everyone and everything including teachers. There was even a rumour that she slept with a corp member, I'm not surprised tho.

"Lulu it's foods and nutrition period oh. She's waiting in the lab for us." Uju said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What are you thinking about madam?" Trust Uju to want to know what's happening.

"Nothing oh. What is Zainab doing with Nonso sef?" I regretted saying that immediately I said it.

"I don't know oh. I'm sure she wants to get a taste of the new boy, don't tell me you're jealous oh." I knew she'll say that.