Chapter 18

Playlist: 7 rings by Ariana Grande.

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers both the silent ones and the active ones. I truly appreciate your votes and comments. They give me so much joy. By the way, happy new month y'all.

After dinner, we all went back to my room; including Amara. We had so much fun, we talked and talked with mostly Uju and Bukky supplying the gist. We decided to play truth or dare.

The night went by fast and it was morning. We all woke up early funny enough. I checked the time and it was just 9:26am. I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth together with Jane that still looked sleepy. After brushing our teeth, we went downstairs while talking with Bukky that was on her phone as usual, probably searching for gist that she'll tell us before she leaves.

We all ate breakfast in silence only because my mom was present at the table. After breakfast, we all took turns to have our baths. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and talking.

By 5pm, Bukky's mom came to pick her up. My mom already bought stuff that they'll take home. The gift was like a thank you present. Bukky's mom was also a doctor like my mom and because of that, they were quite close.

Uju's elder brother came to pick her up almost 20 minutes after Bukky left. He was about 20 or 21 years. He was dark skinned. He was taller than Uju even taller  than Nonso. He was a fine guy sha. He always had this kind of crush on Amara and either she didn't care or she didn't want to mixed with my friends drama.

He kept asking about her and I had a feeling he was wasting time so he could talk to her. He left as soon as he saw Amara and I know Uju must have told her about her brother being around. I knew Amara had feelings for him but she was just in self denial.

Jane spent the rest of her evening with Amara and my mom while I went to stay with Nonso in his room. I knocked on his door and I heard a faint 'come in'. I literally rushed inside to know what happened. He was slouching. I walked to his bed and saw tears dropping from his face.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked, cleaning his eyes.

"My-" he said, before clearing his throat so he could talk properly. "My mom called and she said my dad isn't getting better." My heart skipped a beat. Now that I think about it, he looked moody during breakfast and even lunch. He didn't look like himself and me being the great girlfriend that I am, I didn't notice. I face palmed my self mentally.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. When did she call you? Today?" He shook his head.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, with a concerned look on my face.

"I didn't want to bother you. I wanted you to enjoy your time with your friends." I quickly hugged him and noticed he relaxed a bit. We stayed that way in the silence for what seemed like hours. The silence wasn't an awkward silence. It was very comfortable.

I rose my head to look at him, and he was already falling asleep

"I'll always be here." I said, pecking him on his lips. I stood up to go and I felt him hold my hand.

"Stay." It came out as merely a whisper. "Please." He said, again. I turned to look at him and his eyes were still closed. I watched him as he slept before I slept beside him too.

I could feel someone's eyes watching me. I opened my eyes to see Nonso looking at me and was smiling. First genuine smile I've seen on him since yesterday. As if he was caught stealing, he immediately cleared his throat and acted like he was looking elsewhere. I chuckled and looked at him again.

"You look beautiful even when you're asleep." I was literally blushing while he said that.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, while touching his face.

"I'm good now. You made me feel hundred times better. You're the best." He said before he kissed me.

"I need to go to my room now. Let me go and meet Jane. I'll see you later yeah?" I asked while he nodded. I got to my room to see Jane on her phone. She was talking to someone and it seemed like she was arguing with the person.

"Biko it's okay. Don't stress me this early morning." She said before she cut the call and turned to look at me.

"Who's stressing you this morning?" I asked her while scanning her face.

"It's Otito." Otito was her elder brother. I used to have a deep crush on him one time. He was Amara's age mate. He's in his year one in Afe babalola university. "There's this girl he's dating , he did something wrong and she's angry and she told me about it. I wanted to mind my business oh till the cow called me and made me to talk this early morning." I chuckled. Jane has always been a drama queen.

"Your wahala is plenty oh. Anyway, Amara and I are going to make our hair by 12. I know you'll want to go with us." I said, sitting on the chair while she sighed and ran her hand through her hair. I know she was contemplating making it too with us. I could tell she was already tired of combing it every single day and packing it.

"It's like I'll make mine too oh. Even if it's big big no problem. I can't keep carrying it like this." I nodded while she suddenly walked towards me with incredible speed. I looked up and saw her smiling down at me.

"What is it? Your smile is creepy." I frowned while returning her gaze.

"Yes now. So you abandoned me yesterday and I was actually very angry but I now remembered you have a boyfriend and you're probably with him in his room. Amara and I went to listen for any sound in case you guys were doing something you shouldn't be doing but then the room was as quiet as a grave yard so I walked back to Amara's room together with Amara. So what were you guys doing ehn?" The look on her face was priceless, I immediately started laughing.

"We were not doing anything jor. We were just talking and then he fell asleep and he begged me to stay with him." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Awwwn." She cooed with her hands on her chin. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom to have my bath.

After having my bath and eating my breakfast, we all left the house to the hairdresser's while Nonso went to the hospital together with my mom.

Hey guys!!!
What's good? So how was this chapter? I hope you liked it.
What do you guys think about the sleepover? Hope you guys enjoyed it. I know it came late but I've exams coming up by March so I've been reading.

So Just a dare is coming to an end so I decided I'm going to make two endings for the book. The first one will be how I want it to end then the second one will be for you guys. I won't say how it'll end now but till then so seat tight.

So happy new month you guys! I'm so happy we are in February, this is my birth month so you can understand my happiness.

Thanks guys for the votes and all but please keep voting and commenting. Thank you.❤️❤️