Chapter 1

"Lulu! Lulu get up!! Mumu it's time for school, if you like keep sleeping till mummy comes up herself."
I opened my eyes to look at the ugly pest called my sister.

"Is that why you're now shouting in my ears?" I glared at her, I was still sleepy as fuck.

"Stand up e." Amara, my sister said and left my room. I hissed because I just realized today is the first day of school. I quickly got up to do my hygieney thing.

Oh I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Oluchukwu Okpuno but Lulu for short. I'm dark in complexion, taking after my dad's colour while my sister took my mom's.  I'm 16, I'm in SS2 yeah that's all.

Oh wait, about my school. The name of my school is actually Coral High School,one of the best schools in Lagos State. It's both day and boarding but my sister and I are day students because of my mom. She believes people get spoilt in boarding schools.

My room was painted purple like one of the lightest shades of purple, it had white curtains. My bed was so big that it could contain 4 people comfortably, I had two bedside cupboards by each side of the bed. My closet was close to my bathroom and the bathroom had a door leading to the closet. A big chair was by the side of my bed close to the door going out of the room. My reading table was on the other side of my room.

After I had brushed my teeth and had my bath, I quickly went to my walk in closet to put on my uniform. My uniform was a black pleated skirt with white shirt, dark blue tie and a dark blue blazer that look like black from afar. My school skirt was quite short well that's the only good thing about the stupid uniform. I quickly wore my black socks and black flats. I patted my cornrows and took my edge controller from my bathroom mirror, and laid my edges for school.

I took my school bag and went out of my room to the dining room where my sister was seated already with my mom having breakfast.

"Oluchi today is the first day of school and you're already going late. What a shame! You're in ss2 now oh, you're no longer a baby. I don't know why you'll still be sleeping till 7 and you know you should be in school by 7:45 latest." My mom said as soon as I entered the dining room, well I'm not surprised. I expected the long talk, I had to resist rolling my eyes at her.

"Mummy it's not my fault nah, my alarm didn't go off."

"See her mouth like alarm. Be fast jor let's go to school, it's today that they're going to give prefects their posts and I don't want to be late. You even had time to put gel on your hair. You this girl ehn!" My stupid sister added to my misery. My mom just looked at me and smiled.

Yeah, today wasn't going to be a nice day. I just took two slices of bread and yogurt from the fridge and left the house with my sister.

The ride to school from my house is about 20 minutes so yes we are definitely going late.

"So who do you think will be the head boy? Cos I know you're already the head girl, no arguments." I told my sister. My sister was this straight A student. Always winning awards, going for competitions, she's clearly the ideal student. Although I don't get how she's still very social, well it's not my business.

"I don't know oh, probably David or Stephen. I don't really know." she replied replaiting the ends of her cornrows.

"Probably David, he's better. Abeg
I'm still so hungry. I can't wait to get to school oh. I need to see Uju and Bukky. I've missed them."

"You're always hungry." She said, rolling her eyes.

The car soon came to halt, I grabbed my bag and got down from the car and left my sister. Well, as you probably guessed I'm the 'prodigal' daughter but my grades are good too but I'm not miss goody too shoes.

My school hadn't changed a bit except for the painting they did over the summer and the new flowers that were planted by each block up to the hostels.

At the center of the school were a row of flowers neatly trimmed having the school's initials CHS. It was a beautiful sight tho.

The school walls were painted grey and cream as usual, just that it looked shinny and better than last session.

The national flag was now in the middle of the school flag and the big tree close to the assembly hall. The school compound was quite big and students loitered about. Old friends catching up, and newbies heading towards the administrator's office to get their schedule for the term and probably uniforms too.

I was climbing the staircase when I heard my name;
"Bukky!! I've missed you so much. How was your trip? Hope you brought something for me oh because I'll kill you if you didn't." I ranted and she just kept smiling

"I can see you've not changed a bit, I'm happy for you sha but hope you've gathered small sense oh and I'll gist you about my trip later jor. It's necessary." she said smiling with her big eyes and long lashes.

"Foolish child. So you're back to the hostel? How's the new matron?"
My school changes the hostel matrons every session. They retain some but it's really hard.

"She's okay sha. She looks rather calm and she's nice but let me be watching her first." she replied me while she was biting her finger nails. Yeah, she does that alot." I heard Jasmine transferred from our school. Do you know why?"

"Yeah, her break up with Stephen really got to her. She still hasn't gotten over him so she just really needed space." I said while looking for where I'll sit down. I moved towards the window knowing that Bukky was right behind me and I took a locker there.

"Ehya, too bad. Come to the hostel nah, It'll be fun. Uju is coming too." the bell suddenly rang and I knew it was time for assembly.

In my school, assembly was a huge deal and this one was no exception besides they will be appointing prefects today.

I got up from my chair and dusted my skirt.

"Hmm oh baby, your bum is increasing oh. You don too chop." Bukky said laughing. I know she's just teasing me and I know I added weight this summer. I'm not the type that works out. I'm just too lazy for that.

"Abeg e let me hear word. Let me add weight in peace. Where is Uju self?"

"I don't know oh. She's probably on her way here though it's unlike her.
"Bukky replied as we both walked towards the class door, We were the last set of people to leave the class.

Thud

"What the fuck! Can't you watch where you're going? You almost injured me!" I said, dusting my skirt and trying to get up with the help of the wall of course.

"I'm so sorry, my bad" a deep voice told me. I quickly looked up and well he was too tall, I'm like the average height girl. I'm just 5"5. He's more like 5"11 or 6ft, I'm not sure. He was not too dark neither was he fair. He had this look on his face, I wasn't sure if he was smiling or frowning. It was confusing. His lips were redish and looked quite kissable.

Idiot! Snap out of it jor.

"It's okay but watch where you're going next time" I said coming out of my trance. I quickly left with Bukky.

"See the way you were just staring at him" she said looking at me with one of her eyebrows raised.

"I wasn't jor" I said trying to frown my face so I'll look more serious.

"Na so. I won't argue with you tho. He's cute sha. Let's be fast jor." She said, increasing her speed.

Yes, this day couldn't get any worse.

______________________________________

For those reading my book that are not Nigerians, I'll translate some of the words I wrote
Abeg meaning I beg... It's pidgin
You don too chop means you've eaten alot
Ehya is a way of sympathizing.
Yeah I guess that's all

Hey y'all how did I do??
Did you guys like my first chapter??
Please feel free to comment and please vote too. I'd really like that.

My new book, secret is out now!!!