Chapter 12

Playlist: Grace by Bebe Rexha
I'm so happy, I've gotten 300+ reads. I know it's not much but it means a lot to me. Thanks for the love you guys.

So I'm planning on writing another book but I want at least 700 reads on this book first before I do that. The book will be coming soon. I hope you guys can keep sharing my book. Thanks guys❤️❤️ much love.

Amber.

______________________________________

After about 45 minutes, an emergency bell was rung. We hardly have emergency assemblies unless something terrible happened. Everyone was really eager to know what was happening. We got to the assembly hall and I was surprised to see Zainab standing on the podium.

The principal stood on the podium close to Zainab. She waited for about two minutes for everyone to settle down while holding the public address system. My palms were literally sweating. I sweat on my palms when I'm nervous. I'm pretty sure everyone wanted to know why Zainab was up there. She didn't look guilty like she did anything wrong. She looked happy like she was smirking. With this girl, you may never know.

Our principal cleared her throat "good morning students. I know a lot of you are eager to know why we called this emergency assembly. Well your social prefect here wants to talk to you about something important." Yeah you saw right; Zainab is among the very few students to be given a post in ss2. Besides it was like social prefectship was made for her.

"Hi everyone. I'm sorry for bothering you at this crucial moment but there is an important change we want to make in the school's calendar this year. We won't be having the school Carol night-" she was cut off with juniors groaning and cursing her on top of their voices.

It took a while before they calmed down. Zainab was smiling like she was actually unbothered.

"As I was saying, we won't be having the Carol night separately from the end of year party this year because of the school dance. They'll be on the same day. The school dance this year won't be taking place in the school hall like it had been. It'll be done outside the school. The location is yet to be known. I guess that's all for now. And this year, the junior will be doing theirs together with the seniors." She said giving the public address system to the principal. While she was doing this, people were screaming with excitement.

It was quite nice. At least a little change this year won't hurt. I used my eyes to search for Nonso. I saw him talking to a girl. I couldn't place her face but I felt a pang of jealousy. I quickly removed my eyes. We were allowed to go back to our clubs to continue our practice.

Today was so stressful, immediately I got home, I pulled my uniform and had a cold bath to calm my nerves. After bathing, I went over the group song before I slept off in my original position.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

I opened my eyes to my stomach giving me bad pains. I turned on my phone to see the date; my period was due today. That'll explain the pains even though I didn't eat last night. I was surprisingly not hungry. I went to my drawer to take out two pieces of pad. I put one in my my school purse that I keep in a secluded area so anyone opening my bag won't see it and took the other one with me to have my bath.

I finished my hygiene, dressed up, took my bag with me and went to the dining room to have my breakfast. My mom stood close to the kitchen counter drinking her coffee. I was surprised to see her still at home. By this time, she's supposed to be on her way.

"Good morning mummy." I said pecking her on her cheek.

"Good morning sweetheart." She looked at me like she was studying my face. "Are you on your period? You have like three pimples on your face. Hope the cramps are no longer painful." My mom knew me so well. That was the only way she knew I was on my period and also because my lips become paler.

"They're still painful. The drugs don't work anymore." I said putting a cup of water in the kettle to boil. I usually do it on the first day. It helps reduce the pain.

"Sorry baby. Don't take any sugary thing oh. Remember what happened the last time." I rolled my eyes. I sat down and observed her facial features. She looked stressed; lately, she has been going to the hospital more often. She hardly sleeps at home coupled with the problem Nonso's dad has. "I've to go now. I'm supposed to be at work now. I'll see you later. I'll also search for another drug I could buy for you." She said dropping her cup in the sink, she kissed me and literally ran out of the kitchen. She was really dedicated.

I put the boiled water in a cup and allowed it to cool a little while waiting for Nonso and Amara to come downstairs.

"How you doing baby girl." I looked up and saw Nonso walking into the kitchen while grinning with his hands in his pockets. I wasn't excited to see him and I know what to blame. Of course I'm usually very moody during this time of the month. It's hard not to be. "What's wrong nah? You're not smiling." He said looking at me with concern in his eyes. I didn't reply him instead I sipped my hot water little by little. "Talk to me now. What's wrong?"

With that, Amara walked into the kitchen smiling at us. I groaned. What's with everyone and being happy today? It's annoying. I dropped my cup in the kitchen sink, took my bag and walked out.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Nonso ask.

"I think it's her time of the month-" I didn't hear the complete sentence. The pain reduced a little bit. I can't believe we're practicing today again. And I'm going to practice with this burden.

I got into the car and sat down at the front so nobody will disturb me. I just didn't even have the strength to talk to anyone presently.

I got down from the car as we got to school still ignoring my sister and Nonso. I walked to my class taking my time. I know you may think I'm overreacting but I'm actually in a pretty good mood this time unlike before. I just don't want to hurt someone with something I can spit out of my mouth.

I got to the class seeing Nonso already seated. I don't know how he got to the class before me. Oh yeah I know; I've been walking like a tortoise. I got to my locker admist all the drama and talk from my classmates, dropped my bag and sat down not even sparring Nonso a glance.

Assembly was normal as usual only that I left halfway. I can't kill myself jare. I couldn't even last 5 minutes in the hall and I excused myself from my sister who understood; advantages of having the head girl as your sister. I sat in the class alone with my phone with me. I just have to tell Mrs Maro I can't join them in the rehearsals today or I may faint.

I woke up to someone calling my name. I hate when people interrupt my sleep. I didn't even know when I fell asleep. I rose my head and saw Nonso looking at me; I couldn't place his facial expression but he didn't look happy.

"Lulu what's wrong nah? You've been so distant. Besides you've been sleeping for two hours." I widened my eyes in shock.

Two hours? So I missed how many hours of practice? Wow! Mrs Maro is going to kill me! But why didn't she send someone to call me? I-

"Oluchi!" I turned to face Nonso again and he looked so worried. I obviously spaced out.

"Sorry. I'm just not in a good mood today besides I'm having cramps." I said laying my head on my table again.

He sighed. "Zainab came to call you but she guessed you weren't feeling too well so she went back. Is there anything I can get you?" He asked touching my stomach. It felt so nice. I shook my head and whispered a no.

He actually stayed with me entertaining me till the school's nurse came to my class to give me a drug my mom dropped for me. I felt a little bit better; after about ten minutes, Nonso left to his club and I decided to go to my club too.

Hey guys,
I know I've not uploaded for about a week now. I actually wanted this chapter to be very long to make up for the delay but then I wasn't feeling the vibe so I'm just going to post it but the next chapter will be very long. At least longer than this one. I'll probably post it on new year's day. I'm not promising tho but I'll start writing it this night.

If you guys have any questions on my characters, you can probably send them to my email which is in my bio or dm me. I'll answer them in the next chapter.

Please keep sharing, voting and commenting. I love y'all.