Chapter 6

Song: Cologne by Selena Gomez

We were in our third class for the day which was maths class. I've been trying so hard to get Nonso's attention. It's either he's intentionally ignoring me or he's really concentrating on what our mathematics teacher has been teaching; differentiation. It's one hell of a topic.

Jeremy on the other hand has been touching my hair and only heaven knows why, it's really distracting and he knows how I feel about things like that. I was already tired of glaring at him and hitting his hands.

The bell rang informing us about the end of the class. The next class was Chemistry, my favorite subject.

"What? What did my hair do to you?" I glared at Jeremy and he smirked.

"Nothing nah. Can't I play with you again?" He said doing this thingy boys do with their eyebrows and smirking, I feel like wiping it off his face.

"You're distracting me mbok." I turned towards Nonso's direction and he has been watching Jeremy and I's drama.

"Hey. We haven't really talked."

"I know sorry, a lot has been on my mind. How you doing?" He wasn't smiling neither was he frowning.

"I'm okay and you?"

"I'm okay I guess." I wanted to ask him why the guess was in his sentence but our chemistry teacher came in, Mr Adebayo. One of my favorite teachers in the school if not my favorite.

"Good morning class."

"Good morning sir." We all replied happily. Obviously everyone liked him, he was funny, nice, really smart, CHS recorded 98% pass in his subject. He was that good. If you fail his subject, it's just so obvious that you're naturally dull, nothing can help you.

He copied the topic on the board NITROGEN. Since last week, we've been treating the different non-metals and it has been exciting. He began to explain before writing on the board, the class was so quiet. Yeah, he was really respected.

After 45 minutes, he left the class. The time keeper rang the bell for lunch break. Everyone got on from the seat to meet their friends to go out for breakfast but Nonso stayed put, he didn't move. He looked lost like something was bothering him, I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

I walked towards Uju and Bukky so we could go out together.

"You still haven't told us about your date with Nonso oh, be hiding the juicy details oh." Uju said, while eyeing me and faking her frown.

"I told you nah. We went to film house then to ShopRite, nothing special. Besides it wasn't really a date, just friends going out." She still refused to stop eyeing me. I'm really scared that her eyes will fall out one day. The rate at which she exercises them are alarming.

"You're not romantic sef. So you couldn't kiss him or anything, remember the dare oh. Better act fast so you can break up before the term ends." Bukky said and I groaned.

The dare!!

"I know, I know I'm taking my time. Don't rush me jor." The cafeteria always served rice on Mondays. Both jollof and fried rice, I usually take both. After we took our food, we went to our usual table to sit down. We ate and kept gisting about all the happenings in the school, I suddenly felt someone sitting beside me. I looked up and saw Jeremy and two other friends; Gabriel and Segun. The school's golden boys, every girl wanted to date them, teachers liked them because they were smart, other boys envied them obviously because they were charming.