50

chapter 50 - meeting the old "friends"

"i only realized how lucky i was,

when i finally met you,"

k e n z i e

"Don't be nervous, you look really funny now," I chuckled as I patted Johnny's hand soothingly. He was so anxious that it was quite adorable.

"I know, it's just that..." he trailed off, while I nodded. I understood why he was feeling so jittery. After all, it's not everyday where you get to meet your ex-girlfriend who ran off with your best friend. We were on our way to the gathering between College A and College B's soccer team, and Johnny was sweating buckets beside me in Hayden's car.

"Dude, chill man," Hayden laughed as he drove on.

"Oh shut up, if it was you you would probably be puking your guts out right now," Annie slapped his arm playfully. Hayden invited her to come along too, and honestly I was quite glad to have someone who didn't know anything about soccer here with me too.

For the rest of the car ride, it was filled with Annie and Hayden's bickering. They were the cutest couple ever, and it was heartwarming to see them so happy together. None of them knew what had happened the past few days between Johnny and I, and I was quite happy to keep it that way. It was just going to be a tiny obstacle between us that we have passed.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when a warm hand grasped mine. I looked down to see me and Johnny's hands clasped together. Blushing just a little, I followed Johnny out of the car and into the stadium's function room.

Everyone congratulated Johnny as my eyes darted around the room. There he was. The Ashton dude, and boy, did he look sour. A surge of pride shot through my heart as I looked at Johnny. He had already done it. He had shown them that he was much, much more worth it.

A petite girl stood beside him and followed him to the table, where everyone was slowly gathering. That must be Sophia. Johnny noticed them too and froze. A few veins popped up on his arm and I immediately squeezed his hand lightly.

"It's okay, calm down," I whispered lightly. Johnny looked at me gratefully as he led me over to the table and took a seat.

It was already quite noisy. Everyone seemed quite at ease and I was glad that there were no hard feelings. It would not have been pretty if both teams were fighting.

"Johnny," a nasally voice piped up.

Johnny lifted his eyes from the table and stared at Ashton coldly.

"Ashton, it's nice to see you," If I didn't know Johnny personally, I would have been terrified by his expression.

Beside me, Annie laughed. Raising my eyebrows, I turned towards her.

"Really? Annie laughing at such a serious conversation?" I put air quotation marks around 'serious' as I watched Annie's eyes twinkle.

"Johnny always gets really funny when he tries to act tough," Annie explained. He did look pretty comical.

"Oh, Johnny, is that your girlfriend? I thought you liked blondes," Sophia, who was twirling her blonde hair around her finger flirtatiously winked at my boyfriend.

"Sorry, but he has changed. He prefers tall brunettes, not short blondes now," I smirked back at her as I sat up straight, further enunciating our height difference.

"Exactly what she said," Johnny chuckled lowly as be wrapped his right arm around my shoulders.

"Oh?" Sophia smiled devilishly (in a way she assumed to be flirty, but it just looked as if she had too much botox in her lips). I watched in mounting impatience as Sophia's finger inched across the table towards Johnny's hands.

Knock the cup of water over her hands. I glared at Sophia, who was as oblivious as a pig.

Her dirty fingers were 10cm away from his hand now. Damn it.

Gritting my teeth, I moved swiftly to sit on Johnny's lap as my hand shot forward to upturn the cup of water. All over Sophia's hands. My mouth curled up in satisfaction as I watched it flow down onto her skirt.

"Ah! What!" her scream was all I needed to know that my job was well done. I smiled innocently as she glowered at me.

"Oops, I'm so sorry, darling, I'm too clumsy," I clapped my hands over my mouth in feigned surprise as I leaned back into Johnny.

"Ah, princess, jealousy looks good on you," Johnny breathed against my neck, spreading a line of fire to my face. I could feel his lips move up into a smile across my skin as he wrapped his arms around my stomach.

"So, Johnny, how has jail been?" Ashton smirked, asking loudly. Everyone at the table turned towards Johnny, putting a stop to all conversations. Oh, how tempted I was to wipe the table using his face.

I would have boxed him if Johnny hadn't been holding my arms so tightly.

"Let go," I hissed.

"Shh, I got this," Johnny whispered back, holding my hands down.

"It had been quite accommodating. How was your face? Did you need plastic surgery like your girlfriend?" Johnny asked, mock concern etched all across his face as he went closer to inspect Ashton's face.

Sophia flamed red beside Ashton, whose fists were clenched. I smiled inwardly. Trust Johnny to diss both of them with one simple sentence.

"Don't act all high and mighty. Without the scholarship you would not be able to go anywhere," Ashton sneered. Alright. I was done with him. If he spoke once more, not only his face would suffer this punch.

"It's too bad for you that you can't go anywhere now then. Dearest Daddy can't always help you. He could get you off from going to jail together with me, but money can't buy you a spot in university," Johnny grinned, appearing unaffected.

"Sophia, let's go," Ashton grabbed his slut of a girlfriend and tugged her up together with him. Good riddance.

"Bye dude, remember to visit me," Johnny called out, causing me to laugh. That's when I realized I was still sitting on him. He was warm. Reluctantly, I tried to climb down from Johnny's lap, but he held me tighter.

"Stay," His breath tickled my ear, causing a light flush to appear on my cheeks.

"Everyone's here," I whispered back.

"The better, they can see what a great girlfriend I have," he grinned.

"Flatterer," I pouted, pulling him up with me, "Let's go out for a while,"

"Hm, to do what?" Annie winked at me and I groaned.

"I thought you were better than that," I teased, avoiding her punch as I ran after Johnny.

j o h n n y

"I really don't like them, you know," I sighed, looking at Kenzie, who was bathed in sunlight.

"You don't need to like them," she told me seriously, her eyes glinting. "They aren't deserving of you,"

My heart warmed at her expression. All of a sudden, I had an indescribable urge to pick her up to show her how much I appreciated her for standing with me and supporting me.

"Yes, I only need to like you," I teased, grabbing her thin waist and lifting her up, spinning her under the sun.

"Put me down, Johnny!" She hit my arms lightly, her cute blush rising up her face again.

"No, I'll never put you down," I answered her, nuzzling my nose against hers as we stood underneath the golden sun, our breaths mingling.

I'll never put her down.

(1266)

[do not be a ghost reader! vote, comment and share!]