30

chapter 30 - the letter

"one look and you can get my heart palpitating,"

[edited - 23.12.18]

k e n z i e

"Kenzie, I know you love holding my hand and all, but it's really gonna cut off my circulation if you continue squeezing it," Johnny said with an all familiar obnoxious smirk while I gave him a dirty glare.

"It's totally not the time to make jokes now, Orlando," I huffed, pulling him along as he continued chuckling. How is his skin so thick? I have no idea.

"I also know for a fact that you can't wait to get married to me so that you can have my surname," he continued, oblivious to my horrified expression.

I really didn't know what to say to Johnny at all. I didn't even know whether I should scream at him or laugh at his stupidity.

"Johnny Orlando, we are not even really dating and you are already talking about getting married, wow, you are really idiotic," I glowered at him while he continued laughing.

"Princess, that's my best quality, didn't you know?" Johnny teased as I fumed, giving up on him. That ego of his was hopeless.

If I wanted to get to his IQ level, I'll probably need to jump down from his ego. And his IQ level was already exceptionally high, so you can only imagine how high his ego is.

[i'm pretty sure i used this somewhere b4 wtf, sister is original]

It's just so unfair how Johnny Orlando can be so freaking good looking and get the brains as well. Sigh.

As we neared my locker, I suddenly realized a disturbing thing. Hayden was nowhere to be found.

He wasn't disturbing me.

He wasn't pestering me.

I couldn't even see where he was.

Oh, and just when I had planned out meticulously the fake dating plan with Johnny, he decided not to irritate me. Great. Just great. This is such a waste of time.

Fuming, I swung my locker door open angrily, not giving a single care to the world as it slammed against other lockers, causing startled people in the hallway to look over at us. Perfect. As if I had not gotten enough attention.

"You might want to treat the locker a little more nicely. And you will really have to relax, you are putting too much pressure on yourself," Johnny was rambling in the background but his voice was growing softer by the minute as I held up an envelope that was wedged between my books.

It's a letter. A freaking letter. This person was so outdated.

Huffing, I flipped the letter around and froze when I read the words written on top of the parched white paper.

From : Hayden
To : Kenzie

Just looking at both our names put together was enough to make me wrinkle my nose on distaste.

Gods, has Hayden not heard of a phone before? But I kinda understand why he would rather write a letter, because obviously I would either ignore his call or block his number completely.

Grasping the letter so tightly in my hands that the edges creased, I started stalking towards my first class when I noticed the steady sound of another pair of footsteps following me.

I whirled around in frustration, ready to tell Johnny off, when he shushed me by putting a finger on my lips.

"What are you doing here? Your first period isn't calculus," I growled, slapping his hand away as he shrugged nonchalantly.