27

chapter 27 - pick up lines

"a simple text can get my heart pumping into overdrive,"

[edited - 23.12.18]

k e n z i e

Sometimes, I think that I should become a spy if I end up jobless. Recently, I have been sneaking around endlessly, and honestly, I was quite tired of peeking around corners and bundling myself up in scarves. I held my curtain tightly in front of me nervously as I tried watching Johnny's movements. I didn't even know if he knew that I was his 'girlfriend' when he waved at me this morning, but I was pretty sure that word would get to him soon. And when it does, I would be dead meat.

I was so preoccupied with peeking out of my window that I didn't even realize that there was movement behind me.

I only jolted in surprise when I felt a hot breath fan my ears lightly, "Hey, girlfriend,"

I whirled around in shock, widening my eyes when I saw that Johnny was less than a foot away from me as he stared at me, amused. Oh, crap, crap, crap.

"What are you doing there?" I asked, shocked.

"I want to say that I teleported in, but sadly it was your mom who let me in," he grinned, before continuing in a serious tone, "I just wanna ask if-"

I clapped my hand over his mouth, wincing, "Don't say what you are going to say, please,"

"Oh, so that's how you treat your boyfriend?' You are going to suffocate him?" he smirked against my hand, causing me to pull it back a if his lips were made of fire.

Your boyfriend. I froze as Johnny looked at me inquiringly, clearly entertained. I'm never gonna get out of this now.

Johnny was still smirking as he grinned at me playfully while I covered my face in embarrassment. I should never have said that to Hayden. Thanks a million, Lauren. 

Johnny is my boyfriend. Oh my god. I wish I have never ever said that. Now, peeking through my fingers, I could see him chuckling as I flamed red. Douche bag.

"So, what's the deal, did I ask you to be my girlfriend or something and then suffered memory loss?" Johnny asked, now looking a little confused.

"No! I didn't, I mean you didn't!" I groaned as I fumbled up my words.

"Oh, so you volunteered to be my girlfriend?" He asked curiously, raising his eyebrows as I sighed. That just made it even worse because I technically did do that and practically announced that we were 'dating' in front of the whole cafeteria. There was no way I could wriggle of of this now.

"No! I was just having problems with my ex, you know that guy you met in the morning?" I glared at him through my red cheeks, feeling them still burning.

"Your ex?" he asked, his eyes hardening as I groaned. Must he press on with everything?

"Yes, we ended off on a bad note because he left the country without informing me, get it? Then now he's back and it's all so messed up and I don't know what to do. To piss him off, which may i add wasn't my idea at all, I just said you were my boyfriend, satisfied? So there's nothing between us and it's not a big deal," I said in a hurry, my face still as red as a tomato.

Hearing my words, Johnny immediately narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing between us and it's not a big deal?" he enquired, crossing his arms while I blushed for the umpteenth time.