chapter 14

Ci's p.o.v.

The relief that I felt when Lorenzo came out looking like Roc was very refreshing. He also told me that he always knew I was pregnant & waited for me to tell him on my own & he made it clear that he was very disappointed that I didn't. A couple of days had went by & I was home taking care of the baby when I got a knock on the door. To my surprise, it was Jacob, a very pregnant Edrina, & a face I'd hope to never see again, Ashley. I trembled when I saw her but Edrina reassured me that everything was fine. I slid out of the way to let them inside. Ashley walked over to Lorenzo's basinet & I flinched a little but didn't stop her from grabbing the peek she was trying to get. She sat down along with the rest of us & I just sat there waiting for them to say the reason they were here.

"What's going on?"

I asked getting slightly impatient.

"Star is trying her hardest to kill you.. she's already tried to kill me & succeeded in killing her mom, Gina, & Chris. She's dangerous, Ci. I don't know how we can save you, but she's on a rampage and its going to take a lot for her to be stopped. "

my mouth dropped to the floor & I sat down on the couch just staring at the floor in awe.

"Why can't we just go to the police?"

"We can't without any proof & all that would do is give her a reason to be that much more careful with everything."

I didn't know what to say so I just started looking around & saw that Edrina had blood spots on the crotch of her pants. I knew that was a bad sign & I was really hoping she wasn't losing the baby.

"Umm Drina, you're spotting bright red."

She frantically looked down in between her legs & hopped up along with Jacob and Ashley & myself. They rushed out of the house & I called the sitter to come over for when Cj, Miya, & Lili gets out of school but took Lorenzo with me. Once we got to the hospital, they took her to urgent care to see why she was bleeding. It turned out that Drina had a syst on one of her ovaries & from the baby dropping to the birthing position, its starting to rupture the more & more the baby moved, the worse it would bleed & if they didn't take the baby as soon as possible, she would bleed to death. Edrina was 35 weeks pregnant but the baby was weighing at 5 pounds so she would be fine. The only problem would be getting her epidural working on time before the syst gets worse.

---

Luckily, my girl Drina is a true trooper. Ms. Princess Perez was born 2 hours later as healthy as she wanted to be. The doctors were able to remove the syst from Edrina's ovary without any complications. Everything was gucci until we saw star prance her way into the waiting room. She just sat there texting on her phone, ignoring the fuck out of everyone. Kasey looked at me on the verge of tears but I kept my composure & held on to Lorenzo as he slept. Next thing you know, Star stands up, pulls a gun out of her purse, & shot until the room was filled with a cloud of smoke. All I saw was dust, blood, & the end of my life.