ch.17

Alora's POV

I gasped picking up the pregnancy test up climbing out of bed. Looking behind me making sure Jahseh was still sleeping.

Grabbing Alex's arm dragging her out the door closing it behind me. " Are you sure it's his?" I asked. " Me and Ki had sex but he pulled out and the only other person I hooked up with was Ski " Alex said rubbing her face pacing the floors. I started flipping the pregnancy test in my hand trying to think of what to do.

" Alex this is hard cause you honestly don't know for sure if it's Ski's " I said as she stopped and looked at me. " I know but how are we suppose to figure that out " She said sighing. " Wait till we take you to the doctor and see how far along you are. Then we will be able to caculate who's the baby daddy " I said handing her the test.

" But you gotta hide that and hide it good "

Alex nodded before disappearing into her room. I walked down the hall checking on Hayden seeing her sound asleep all curled up with her favorite blanket. Smiling I slowly closed the door. I felt bad for Alex poor thing didn't wanna be pregnant let alone have to figure out who the babydaddy was. Shaking my head I walked back to my bedroom curling up beside Jahseh. He shifted so he was facing me. He opened his eyes smiling at me. " I love you babygirl don't ever forget that " He softly said kissing my forehead closing his eyes. " I love you forever babyboy " I whispered back smiling. I cuddled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face that night thankful for how my life has ended up. Wouldn't change it for the world.

The next morning I took Alex to the doctor while Jahseh and Ski sat at the house with Hayden. Ki texted Alex asking to come over later but instead of saying yes like I thought she would she said no then shut her phone off.

" You do need to sit Ski and Ki down and tell them what's going on. They do deserve to know considering it could be either one of their's " I said looking at Alex with a stern face. " I know Alora but first I just wanna know who's it might be "

" Alex " We snapped our heads up as the doctor called Alex leading us to a room.

" Sit here the doctor will be right with you " She said smiling at us. Alex bounced her leg chewing on her lip. " You know the last time we was in this situation it was me sitting up there. Remember you was so excited for me and I was so nervous. Yeah you called it my little miracle " I said trying to lighten the mood up. Alex looks at me as she smiles. " Yeah and then you threw your shoe at me. Good times "

I sighed crossing my leg over my other putting my purse beside the chair on the floor. " Whatever may happen in this moment right here. Let it happen okay because whatever happens was meant to happen. You can't fight some things off you gotta sometimes let it happen. It's life we always get curve balls thrown at us when we least expect it. We just gotta learn how to deal with them "

" I'm not cut out to be a mother like you Alora. I can barely keep a relationship let alone keep a baby? I cannot and I will not do this. I'm not meant to ever become a mother now you on the other hand are meant for shit like this not me. I wanna be free and do whatever I want. I don't want to be tied down with a baby on my hip " Alex says wiping the tears from her eyes.

The door opens revealing the doctor with a small cup and a bag. " Pee in this for me and then we can see if your really pregnant or not " She smiles handing the cup to Alex.

I pulled my phone out getting a text from Jahseh.

Babydaddy💍💙

Is Alex okay Ki stopped by and said she was acting weird?

I bit my lip and decided not to respond for the sake of Alex. About a minute later Alex came back inside handing the doctor her cup. The doctor puts a lid on the top before putting it in the bag.

" You girls may go it'll take a few hours so we will call you tonight to tell you the news. Have a good day " The doctor smiles before exiting the room.

" Ki is at the house by the way he says you've been acting weird " I told Alex as we walked to the car. " Shit I can't face him right now "

" Alex yes you can you don't even know for sure if you are or not. Sometimes those tests mess up. And besides it might not even be his " I tried reasoning.

" Fine I'll go home but I hope he don't expect me to talk alot " Alex said shaking her head. I nodded before pulling out the parking lot. The whole car ride home she kept chewing on her lip and fidgeting.

Alex's POV

Entering the house Ki instantly jumps up and hugs me almost knocking me down.

" You okay? You seemed weird over text did I do anything?" Ki asked looking me in the eyes. At this point I just wanted to sleep it all away. Sounded better than talking to Ki or Ski. I looked at Ski as he scrunched his eyebrows together. This would be the perfect time to act happy and fake it all.

" Yes sorry just had an off day didnt get much sleep. But I can promise you I'm fine alright dont worry" I said as Alora patted my back smiling at me. Alora was a real good person she definitely tried to help people as much as she can. I definitely feel bad for how all this turned out. I should have been more careful.

" Alora was just being a good friend helping me today I didn't feel too well so I went to the doctor. But I'm good " I said as Alora gave me her stern look. She's right I need to sit Ski and Ki down and tell them the truth. But not right now I'll do it later.

" Let's just watch a movie and relax how about that?" I say sitting in between Ski and Ki. The doctor should be calling in about an hour or so. Hopefully I'm not pregnant. All I can do is just hope and pray.

We decided to watch paranormal activity which is my favorite of all time. Alora sat with Jahseh all curled up as Hayden was playing in the floor. Alora and Jahseh were good parents and they made a beautiful child but honestly that's not what I wanted in life. Alora was the most amazing mother I've ever met but me on the other hand would be so horrible at mother hood. I'm not so sure I could ever be enough for a child. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize my phone ringing. Looking down I seen the doctor was calling.

" Excuse me I gotta answer this" I whispered to Ki as he nodded. Alora looked at me as she weakly smiled. I felt my insides twist as I hit accept. " Hello?" I answered hearing my voice crack. 

" Hey Alex congrats you are indeed 2 weeks pregnant! We would like you to come back in a few more weeks for a follow up check up. Thank you have a nice night " Her perky voice said as she hung up. I started to cry silently cause I didn't want anyone to hear. Some people would find this good but not me. Alora came over to me and hugged me. " Like I said some things you just need to let happen "