I Care About You a Lot...

James P.o.V. 

I couldn't sleep. Aleks had nightmares all night. I just watched as he squirmed around in his slumber, occasionally letting out small, cute whines. I didn't even bother going outside to smoke. I just blew it out my window, angry at the young Russian who was sleeping in my bed. I ran my fingers through my curls, staring at the sleeping kid. His cheeks were pale and his hair was wild. I couldn't stay mad at him... I was in love with him. I shook my head. But he was high!! He's probably been a fucking druggie this whole time!! No... No, he wasn't. He couldn't be. Aleks let out another small groan, flopping his body to the side before kicking and gasping for breath. I took a long drag from off of my cigarette, and ignored him, directing my eyes towards the window. I watched the ash fall from the end of my cigarette. Aleks yawned from behind me, so I quickly flicked my cigarette out of the window. "Hi," He whispered, his voice scratchy and weak. I stood up from my office chair, and pushed back in front of my desk before sitting down at the foot of my bed. 

"Why'd you get high last night?" I sighed, rubbing at the bridge of my nose. Aleks' eye grew wide, and he shook his head furiously. 

"I didn't do it on purpose! It was an accident, somebody traced my beer with LSD and I didn't know until after I drank it, I swear, James!" Aleks rushed. I raised my hand, and he hushed himself. I gave him a small smile. 

"I'm not saying I don't believe you," I laughed, and Aleks' shoulders relaxed. "I was just pissed off," I glared at the younger male, and he shied away from my angry gaze. "And, a little scared." 

"Why would you be scared?" Aleks scoffed, but then nervously itched at his shoulder. I rolled my eyes, and laid my back down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. 

"Because, I care about you. I care about you a lot," I looked up at him from my position on the bed. He was upside down. I ran my tongue over my teeth. "I love you." Aleks turned a light pink, and nodded. 

"I-I know you do-"

"No, Aleks..." I sat up, and turned so I was facing Aleks. His eyes grew big again, and he pressed his lips together. "I love you. I am in love with you." Aleks' cheeks became crimson. 

"Wha-what? Are you crazy?" Aleks breathed, and I smiled, butterflies fluttering around in my stomach like crazy.

"I'm in love with you. But... But you're such a fucking pain in the ass," I groaned, and placed my face in my hands. Aleks sucked in a shaking breath. 

"James..." 

"Listen, okay?" I dropped my hands from my face, and swallowed. "I think you're amazing. There is something about you that I just cannot get over. I can't explain how much I love you." I stared at the Russian sitting in my bed, the blankets wound around his small waist. His mouth gaped open like a fish, and his beautiful, brown eyes were wide in surprise and confusion. He grit is teeth, and shook his head. 

"You don't love me, James..." He let out a nervous chuckle, and shook his head. "You don't. You're confused. You don't like me, James. You're being stupid." 

"You always think I'm being stupid." I sighed, and Aleks cheeks turned an even brighter red, if that was even possible. He ran his fingers through his gorgeous, dark brown locks. He bit down on his lip hard, and rubbed the heel of his hand against his temple, before holding out his arms. 

"Can I have a hug, please?" His voice quivered. I blinked, and crawled up to Aleks, wrapping my arms around his waist gently. He curled his arms around my neck, his fingers resting inside of my hair. He sighed, his warm breath gliding across my skin. I shivered, and pulled him closer to my body. He moved his head away from my chest, looking up at me with a innocent gaze. He quickly pressed his forehead next to my ear. "I'm scared," Aleks breathed, his grip on my neck loosening. I unraveled my hands from his waist, and dropped down next to him on the bed. He held himself. "Why, James?" I looked up at him, and tangled my fingers together, setting them on my stomach.