Friends

NOTE: once again, click the YouTube video for full experience. Preferably at the bolded "Music". And, once again, try and listen to it as quietly as possible.

If you're on mobile, I'm sorry. B[

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aleks P.o.V.  

James took in a deep breath, and sat beside me on the cold ground. I looked over at him from under my shaggy bangs. He was staring at something inside of the telephone booth. I pulled my knees up to my chest, and put my elbows on my legs, running my fingers through my hair. I looked back at the mess I made. "This was brave," James finally said. I scooted my feet across the ground, glass crackling and snapping beneath my step. "Coming out here and destroying what was once a terrible memory... It was brave of you to do. But, I have just one question," James looked over at me, his eyes squinted in curiosity. "Why did you bring me?" I let out a sigh, and curled my arms around my knees, hugging my legs closer to my body. I turned and looked at James. He was staring at me, chewing his lip. 

"Because I was scared to come here alone," I chuckled, placing my chin on my knees and looking at the booth again. Silence surrounded us. The only sounds heard was the breeze above and birds chirping. James cleared his throat, breaking the silence between us. 

"We should get out of here before the cops come, huh?" He whispered. I scoffed.

"Like the cops will do anything in this town," I shook my head, an angry smile on my face. But I nodded. "But yeah, we should probably go." I started to get up, picking up my baseball bat. James let out a soft groan as he straightened up, and we began walking back to Jordan's house, swinging our baseball bats in unison. James smirked to himself, and I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"What?" I asked. James smiled at me. A genuine, happy, amazingly adorable smile. It felt as if my heart had just melted right then and there. 

"You. You're a lot stronger than you look," He grinned, flashing his straight, white teeth. I rolled my eyes, and shook my head, giving a small smile back. James closed his mouth, but didn't hide his cute little smile, looking down at his feet as we walked down the sidewalk. 

~~~

I sat on the couch, towel drying my hair. Seamus had already said his goodnights. It was 1am, after all. But it seemed like after James and I got home, he was trying to avoid me. I dropped my wet towel onto the floor, and leaned back into the couch, sucking in a deep breath. But why? Why would he avoid me? Did I... Say something wrong? "Hey." I jumped, thinking I was alone in the room. I quickly reached down and picked up my towel, pulling it into my chest. I looked in the entry way of the room. It was James. His eyebrows were raised, crinkling the skin on his forehead. He rubbed at the back of his neck, then crossed his arms over his chest. "I was just wondering, if you're not tired, do you want to just... Hang out with me?" He pointed his thumb in the direction of his bedroom. I stared at him, my mouth hanging open. I tried to speak, but my mouth just blubbered like a fish. He soon became impatient, and dropped his arms, looking around the room. "Do you want to or not? I'm not going to stand here all night." He didn't look back at me. I quickly jumped to my feet, causing him to look over at me.

"Yes!" I exclaimed a bit to enthusiastically. "Yes, I'd love to," James blinked at me, but the astonishment on his face quickly melted away as he turned on his heel and started walking towards his bedroom. I quickly followed him. As soon as we entered, he shut the door before sitting in his office chair, letting out a long sigh. I flopped onto his bed, and looked over at his stereo, which was emitting white noise. I saw CDs scattered across the floor around the stereo. I quickly flipped onto my stomach and reached for the CDs from the bed, gathering them all up in my hands. I looked back at James, who was watching me, cupping his face with his chin as he slowly pivoted his chair left and right. I held up the jumble of CDs. "You mind if I look through your music?" He shrugged.