Eddie

Aleks P.o.V. 

I stared out the window from my spot on the couch, watching the rain tap against the glass. My eyes had gone out of focus a while back... But I was too lazy to actually try to look at something in particular. It was chilly inside the room, but I didn't pull the blanket tighter around my body, nor did I curl up, or change my position on the couch at all. My back ached. My head was pounding. I let out a quivering sigh, remembering the state of my body those few night ago. How long ago was that, anyway? 4 days? A week? Hell if I know... All these days have blurred together. I heard Seamus and James speaking in the next room over. When did I come here? Seamus muttered something under his breath, and James snapped a comeback at him, making Seamus speak louder. The two argued for a minute, but then James let out a monstrous laugh, and Seamus chuckled. I took in a deep breath. When was Eddie visiting? I instantly regretted asking myself that question. It's not like you care, Aleks. "Aleks?" I didn't move, or look away from the window. Although I had heard my name, I was just too lazy to move. "Aleks." A hand waved in front of my face, and I quickly blinked, and looked up at my seeker. James was standing above me, looking exhausted. Dark circles rimmed his eyes, and his poofy curls were messy. His shirt was a little too big for him, the arm holes huge in comparison to his actual arms. His pajama pants hung on his hips loosely. I blinked again, and he frowned. "It's 3am, shouldn't you be asleep?" I yawned, and furrowed my eyebrows. Acting sweet... What's going on here? 

"I don't want to go to bed," I huffed, turning to look at the back of the couch. James let out a low sigh. 

"Well, it's not like I care about you not wanting to sleep. I was just wondering why you weren't asleep," I could hear the scowl in his voice. I rolled back over, staring up at him. The room was dark, but I could still see his features... His nostrils flared in annoyance. 

"I have a lot on my mind, alright?" I spat, grumpier from lack of sleep. James let out a snort, and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Whatever. We're going to bed... G'night." James growled, and exited the room. I let out a low, aggravated groan, and closed my eyes, pulling the blanket up to my shoulders. But I didn't fall asleep. I marinated on the idea of when Eddie was coming. As much as I hated thinking about it, I couldn't push it out of my mind. 

~~~

I stared out the window again. The rain had passed, but the stormy, evil looking clouds still loomed over the city. I let out a small sigh, and jumped at the sound of a cabinet slamming shut. Someone was already awake? Was I awake all night?! I propped myself up onto my elbows and looked down at my shirt, thinking about getting up and seeing who it was. I was really hoping it wasn't James... I was not in the mood for arguing. I nibbled on my lip, and swung my feet over the side of the couch, standing up and slowly making my way into the kitchen. I was glad to see Seamus standing at the counter, eating a bowl of Captain Crunch. He must've heard me enter, because he looked my way, peering over his thick rimmed glasses to look at me. "Hey" was all he said before returning to his cereal. I sighed, and rubbed at my eyes. He looked over at me again, raising his eyebrows. "How was shopping with James yesterday?" I ran my hands through my hair, and sighed. 

"It was cool... It was nice of him to get me all that shit... I really needed it," I muttered, jumping up and placing my butt at the edge of the counter. Seamus nodded. He muttered something under his breath, but I couldn't quite hear him. "What?" I questioned, pressing my lips into a thin line. 

"Nothing, nothing, just... Talking to myself, is all," Seamus scooped up a spoonful of cereal and took a bite, crunching it loudly in his mouth. A loud yawn emitted from down the hall, and soon James entered the kitchen as well, scratching at his beard.