Approving

"Where were you? The Bible study was asking where you were the whole night." My mother grouched, as soon as I walked through the door.

"I told you, about the scholarship?" I answered, tossing my backpack to the corner of the wall. My hair was still a bit wet, but since it was March it was normal for rain.

"I called the other moms, and the school. There was no scholarship awards tonight! Now tell me where you were before your father gets home." She yelled, slamming her fists down on the kitchen table.

"Fine! Fine. I was at Alex's house, studying." I sighed, sitting down across from my mother. Giving me a dirty glance, she slid a paper to me.

"I have a feeling that what your doing at Alex's house is not studying." She snapped, as I looked down at my midterm grades.

"A b-!!??" I gasped, feeling a sudden panic growing throughout my body. My mother shook her head, as we heard the front door open.

I took the piece of paper and crumpling it up, I shoved it in my pocket. He couldn't find out, or he could literally kill me.

"Kaliyah Mary Banks, where have you been?" He yelled, his spit flying out of his mouth. My dad was a loud man, who used to serve in the military. A general, who everyone feared and some might have ptsd from.

"I was at Alex's studying!" I answered, knowing that no studying of any kind happened there. My dad squinted his eyes, and with a sneer he answered with a "Invite him over for Friday's dinner. I want to have a talk with him."

"Oh, ok. I have to go to bed now" I told them, with tears welling up in my eyes. How was I supposed to turn Alex into a guy that my parents would approve of?