Straight A's

"Straights A's I presume?" My mother asked, as she put on her clear glasses to look at my report card. She read each line carefully, making sure to not miss anything.

"Yes, ma'am. I have a 4.0 gpa as well. Can I leave for school now?" I asked her, my back being weighed down more each minute, by my crammed backpack.

It was full of text books, a computer, notebooks, and regular books. I'd like to have one on rulers, but the school doesn't allow it, unless you have back problems.

"Yes you can go now. I can't believe you didn't show me this until the first day back from winter break." She sighed, taking a sip of her morning coffee.

"It's the same thing each semester, I didn't think anyone would want to see it. I have to go now mother. Bye." I sighed, taking my travel mug full of tea with me.

"Bye darling, I'm proud of you!" She yelled after me, as I exited our old Victorian era house. I looked down at my uniform, and it's hideous plaid skirt.

I went to a catholic school, since most of my family is catholic. St. Joseph's high school, known for acceptance to anyone who applies. Which really sucks because I have to put up with the losers who transfer in.

Since I'm one of the smartest in the school, I rarely have to show new kids around, or tutor. Unless they are really bad, then I have to take care of them and help them through school.