One of them

"Miss. Banks, come on in!" The principal welcomed as I walked into the office. As I walked in there, I saw a guy sitting in one of the chairs.

"Hey, Kali. Didn't expect to see you here." Alex laughed, as he sat in the office chair with his arms crossed. A nervous look came onto my face, knowing that weed in school is suspension for both people involved. I started sweating, and having an anxiety attack.

"Please have a seat while I get your file Kali, and Alex I already have your file." Mrs. Southport told us, as she closed the door behind her leaving us in her office alone.

"Alex! We better not get into trouble because of your weed!" I panicked, looking back at the door to make sure she wasn't coming back in soon.

"Hey I only smoked one blunt this morning. Plus I will take the blame if we get in trouble. Relax Kal." He laughed, scooting closer to my chair.

"It's Kali. And you better not get me in trouble. I've gotten all As since I was a child at this school. I'm going to Harvard and I can't have your shenanigans stopping me from my dreams." I scowled, knowing that I would be in so much trouble. I really couldn't care less about my grades or anything, it's just my parents are really strict about my grades.

"I should of known." He sighed turning away from me in his chair. A frown had formed on his face, and he had a look of total dissatisfaction.

"What?" I asked, as the door started to open. He turned to me once more, with a scowl on his face.

"That your just like everyone here. Not caring about anyone about your grades and your self. Your just like your friends. I should of known from the start." He sighed. The principal came in and sat her desk, with a thick folder and a thin one.

"Alex, I'm not one of them." I told him, as he shook his head in disbelief. I'm just doing this for my parents, and it's ruining my emotions.