Italian

"So how has tutoring been?" Millie laughed, as the whole table turned to look at me. Everyone was so nosey there.

"It's been fine. He asked me out on a date." I mumbled, trying to eat my yogurt in peace.

"He... what! He's really popular now, just for being a druggie. You should definitely go out with him." Sarah squealed, looking at everyone's disapproving faces.

"We are modest young lay Catholics. I thought you had more common sense than this Sarah." Serenity scolded, eating a ham sandwich from her tray.

"Yeah, you have a good reputation Kali. You don't want him to ruin it." Millie added in, as Hope gave me some advice as well.

"We all agree. You shouldn't do it." She said finally, as she rose up from the table. The rest of the girls followed, leaving me sitting alone with my thoughts.

My parents would be so pissed. Maybe I should start doing things for myself, instead of others. Alex is a good guy once you get to know him.

But that doesn't matter, he probably failed the test anyway. I walked to the library, awaiting for a disappointed Alex.

Instead, I got something I never would of expected. Alex was standing there, with a rose and a sheet of paper.

"I got an A+. Do you like Italian?"