Chapter 19

Lindsay's POV

         I woke up from another dream of "The Incident". He just came out like a shadow... in the light. I haven't had the dream for a while which is strange to me.  I don't know what all of the sudden triggered it. I then opened my eyes and started screaming. I was in shock. Then reality hit me. I remembered what happened. Two nurses pushed the door open with full force and practically sprinted to my aid.

"Ma'am, ma'am are you okay?" A nurse asked in a thick foreign accent which I could not make out. I couldn't respond. Only one word was roaming through my mind.

Aiden.

Aiden.

"Aiden!"  He was all I could think about.

Is he okay? What happened to him? Where is he? By the time I looked over to ask the nurses, They were gone. Great. Just great. I then attempted to stand up but there was a sharp pain that started in my left calf and went all the way up to my thigh and was kind of tingling. I laid back down and drifted off into a deep slumber... Again.

*******

I was awoken by someone squeezing my right hand. The first thing that popped into my mind was Aiden. I put on a slight grin and opened my eyes.

My mom.

What a disappointment.

"Hi honey. I'm glad you're finally awake!"

"Hey mom." I said quietly. "How did you know I was here?" 

"Well, The hospital called me immediately and told me that you were here and I then rushed over." "Now, My turn for questions... How did YOU get here?" I then told her about the adult day care center, the bar with pizza, the car crash. Everything except for me seeing my dad.

"Oh honey. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. The police are coming this evening on to question you to find out more info on the crash." My mom said. What really IS there to talk about the crash? 
"Okay. Thanks for coming ma." She then got up and started walking towards the door. "Wait mom!" I said in a half yell.

"Yes?" My mom answered quite annoyed.

"How long have I been in here and when can I get out"

"You have been in here for a little over twelve hours and that's for the doctor to decide, not me."

"Okay thanks and also, Where is Aiden?" My mom then froze in place and looked down. Oh this cant be good.

"Oh, You mean that son of a b!tch that got you in here? Well, I don't know and its none of my business." With that said, she turned around and walked out slamming the door behind her. Wow. I guess I wont be getting her permission anymore. I sat in silence for a few more minutes till the doctor came in.

"Hello Mrs. Sagtrep. I am glad you are finally awake. I just came to give you good news and give you an update about what happened and what we found." She said with a smile. "Now first things first, Here is the good news.. You may go home tomorrow morning. Now, here's your condition. You have nerve damage in your left leg. So, You cannot participate in any physical activity for two months or until the doctor says so."

"Whoa, Whoa, WHOA WAIT. So, No soccer?"

"Sadly, Yes Mrs. Sagtrep." I then froze. Soccer is literally my life. So, Who's going to be the captain for the rest of the season? Ughh.

"Now, I'm going to continue. The police is coming this evening to question you about the person in the other vehicle and I think that's about it for now."

"Thanks ma'am. Also, Where is the man that was in the car with me? Aiden, Aiden Walls?"

"Oh, Him." She then looked down on her clipboard and looked back up.. "He hurt his arm, but other than that, He's okay. You can see him when he wakes up. I think he is taking a nap at the moment." I let out a sigh in relief. Aiden is okay!!

"Thanks so much."

"No problem Mrs. Sagtrep. Just remember the police are coming in a few hours. A nurse will be in here soon with lunch and some pain killers for your leg." She then left.

*******

The police arrived wayyy to fast for my liking. So here they are. Standing right in front of me. I still haven't figured out if I want to tell them the truth of just make something up... Ill just wing it and go with the 'Gut Feeling'.

"Hello Miss. Sagtrep. I would like ask you a few questions before you leave in the morning." I just nodded my head, Not ready to speak yet.

"Well, as you obviously know... you were in a car crash yesterday evening. Well, that car that you collided with was.. uh, stolen. This person, Well, he is a fugitive. He or she also managed to escape. Well, looking at both of the cars, it seem that he could have been very, Very, Hurt. But also, the further we looked into the crash, it seems that this was NOT accidental. So, do you happen to know anyone who would want to hurt you or Mr. Walls?" He said with sweat dripping down his face. You can tell he was nervous.

I just stayed frozen with a puzzled look on my face. I don't know what to say next. Should I tell the truth and end it once and for all and let the POLICE deal with it or continue searching for him?

"Um, I don't know of anyone who would want to hurt me or Aiden." I lied. What would the police do? They couldn't even find out who broke into the school and its been MONTHS. There is no way they could figure this out.. We would have to finish this quest and put Luke where he belongs.

"Okay. Thank you for your time Miss. Sagtrep. Bye and I hope your leg feels better"

"Bye. Good luck on the search" They then walked out of the room.

********

I arrived at home and got out of the car. The first thing I did was 'Walk' across the street to see Aiden. I'm surprised my mom even lets me walk towards his house anymore... I knocked on the door to see if he was there and his mom opened the door with a smile on her face.

"Hi sweetie. I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Thanks Mrs. Walls. Me too". I'm just now realizing I never got her name. Hmm. Weird. "Uh, Is Aiden here?"

"Um, No. He hurt his arm pretty bad in the accident. He needs one more surgery and they need to run a few more test before he leaves so he should be home tomorrow."

"Okay. Thanks Mrs. Walls."

"No problem. I'll have Aiden give you a call when hes home. He should be here tomorrow evening. Bye." She then turned around, walked back inside and shut the door. I then turned and started walking back home. halfway there, I looked and saw a police car in my driveway. Why are they here? I opened the door slowly and took a step inside. I saw two police officers sitting on the couch and my mom on the other side crying her eyes out. I took another step inside and shut the front door. Then, They all turned their head and stared at me.

"Hi Miss. Sagtrep we have some news for you." The male officer said. I just nodded my head.

"Take a seat." The female officer said gesturing me to sit next to my mom. I then sat down. Then the male officer started to speak.

"Well, As you know, The other car in the accident you were in a few days ago, was stolen. We found some finger prints on the door handle and ran some test. Those fingerprints belong to..."