Chapter 14

Lindsays' POV

Great. The only person who can keep me calm has been taken away from me by another girl. Am I jealous? It was never a real relationship. We are not even an item.

He can do whatever he wants with anybody, I thought to myself.

I was then yanked by my arm into a pretty normal sized room to the right of the living room. The room had white and blue walls, cherry wood hardwood floor and a small window. There was a china cabinet to filled... I mean FILLED with china from different countries and there were two chairs that matched the colors on the wall on each side of the room.

"Sit down. Please." My 'aunt' Jasmine said with a big smile on her face. I then sat down in the chair to the far left. "We have sooo much to catch up on." Jasmine said with a slight laugh.

"Actually, I just came here to get more information on my father...." I said. I mean, I really did. I didn't come here to 'talk' at all.

"Oh, Okay" Jasmine said sounding disappointed. "Well, Your father... He is a very, very strange man. I haven't talked to him in years. I actually have forgotten what he looked like." 

"Well. You tell me everything you know and I'll tell you everything I know." I said, putting on a fake smile. Well, except for the shooting I thought.

"Well then.. Lets cut to the case." Jasmine said. I could tell she was eager to find out about her brother.. "Your father.. Well he has a uh.. p-problem. He uh hears v-voices and they tell him to do crazy things. He has Schizophrenia. " She stopped right there and looked down.

"What? What crazy things has he attempted to do? Like, when you had contact with him?" I asked. The air was silent. I mean you could hear a pin drop. Literally. After minutes, which felt like hours, She looked up with teary eyes. 

"To kill, to shoot, to go places... Um, Everything." Well that explains the school shooting, the note.. Just about everything. "Your father has a serious problem.. He belongs in a mental institution." So that's why he does the things he does? He's mentally challenged? Wow. I felt my eyes tear up. Don't. Show. Weakness. I told myself. I then started busting out into tears. I stood up, walked to the door and pushed it open in anger not trusting myself to speak to my 'Aunt'. I stepped out of the door and saw Aiden pacing the hall like he has been waiting there the whole time. He looked up and his eyes met mine. 

"Is something wrong?" He asked

"Something. Terrible." I said in between sobs. He then put his arm around me. I have to admit... It felt good to be close to him. We then walked out the front door. We walked to the car and got in. Jasmine wasn't following us. Good sign. I then wiped away my tears and Aiden started the car and drove off. I just stared out the window not trusting myself to speak. It's my problem not his. About 15 minutes into the drive he started talking.

"What happened in there? Do you wanna talk about it?" I didn't respond. I'm just not in the mood to talk. I haven't took it all in yet. 

********************

We finally arrived. He got out and opened the door for me. I just stayed put for about ten seconds and then finally got out. Aiden started walking to the front door. He held it open for me but I just turned around and started walking down the driveway and I guess Aiden got my hint because I heard a door slam behind me.

I got to the street and stopped. There wasn't much traffic... So, not in the mood to run, I'm started walking across. About halfway through, out of nowhere a silver Cadillac came speeding down the road at what seemed like 200mph. Whoever owned that had money! I quickly rolled under the car. The car missed me by and inch. Literally. I got up as quickly as possible to see if i could catch a face. That car was LONG gone. I quickly jogged the rest of the way making a mental note... Never walk across the street. EVER.

I got home and walked into my room. I quickly plopped down on my bed so I could clear my thoughts.  It has been a LONG day. So many questions race through my mind.. Where is my father mind? Are the mental issues inheritable? Could I get it later on in life? What about that car? Should I report it to the police? Tell someone? Was I targeted? Was it coincidence? Was it my fault? I mean I did walk across the street. Dumb Idea. It could have been an accident... It was kind of dark. Why was I being such a bi**h today? Is Aiden gonna be mad at me? Would he still want to be with me after how I acted today? I. Need. Sleep.

 I then got up and went into the bathroom to look in the mirror. My eyes were red, my shirt had dirt all over it, my arm had a long scratch on in from the roll and then I looked down at my legs and something caught my eye....

B-bl..... Blood.