Chapter 18

I walked up on the small stage, waving at the my elderly fans.

"What are you playing for us Aiden?" One of them asked.

"You'll hear it soon Martha." I smiled at her. They sat patiently as I took a seat in front of the baby grand.

I haven't touched this baby for a long time (No pun intended). Looking down at my arm, I hoped it wouldn't start hurting.

This is it.

My hands hovered above the keys and I finally got the nerve to gently place my fingers on my starting key, D sharp and E.

Once I started, I quickly glanced at my crowd. They were smiling. Of course, everyone had to know Fur Elise.

Finishing up, I immediately began playing the Moonlight Sonata.

The deep, haunting, and breathtaking chords took control of my whole body. It felt as If I was pouring my heart out to the keys. My hands smoothly glided along.

I thought of all the things that haunted me.

The thought of my dad not wanting me and leaving. The fear and hatred in Lindsay's dad when he shot me. The tension between us.

Was I meant to die that day? Was that it?

I took a deep breath and finished the piece. Looking up I noticed Lindsay smiling at me. They all applauded.

Lindsay looked stunning. Her face glowed and for a second, I believed she was proud of me.

Until of course, I realized, 'Why would she?'

I'm a jerk and a total fake. I mean tell me one thing, what kind of man whore plays the piano? May I ask, that volunteers in an Adult Day Care?

I'm special I know.

But it was my heart beating tightly in my chest. Her eyes and her hair. She was perfect in my eyes.

I winked at her.

"Was that good?" I asked and let out a shaky laugh.

They all began throwing compliments at me.

"All right! All right! Now this song... is for..." I looked at Lindsay directly in the eyes. "The person you can't help falling in love with."

Her eyes grew wide as she blushed.

I started playing Elvis's song, Can't Help Falling in Love. One of my personal favorites.

Gina appeared and whispered in my ear, "I've got this. Go dance." 

I smiled at her and she took my place, knowing where I left off. She was a professional pianist back in the day.

I got off stage and asked Linda if she wanted to dance, she was in her 60's.

Nodding, I placed my hands around her waist and we started to slow dance. 

"Handsome as always Aiden." She said.

"Beautiful as always Linda." I told her with a smile.

"May I?" A man took Linda away from me after I nodded. Looking for Lindsay, I spotted her alone.

Sweeping her off the floor, I put her down when she squealed.

I placed my hand on her waist and we danced, glancing at each other.

When the song was coming to end I whispered in her ear, "For I can't help falling in love...with...you."

Her body relaxed and she rested her head on my shoulder.

For once, I admitted I was in love with her.

***

"You're taking me to a bar?" Lindsay snorted.

"Yep. They sell the best pizza on earth!" I said as we hopped out of the truck.

"Don't they sell alcohol only?"

"No." We entered and were greeted by the smell of pizza. People were sitting on stools and enjoying their pizza and drinks.

The lighting was low so it made the environment more...romantic.

We sat down in one of the tables and ordered our pizza.

"So Aiden, who are you really?" Lindsay said, taking a sip of her Sprite.

I chuckled, "I'm Aiden."

"You don't seem like the prankster I used to know."

"Sorry about that." I apologized.

"It's forgiven." She said as the waitress put down two plates of pizza.

After we finished eating and leaving Lindsay speechless with the pizza, we walked around the bar. The walls were full of pictures and awards. Awards that this place won, pictures of the mayor eating here, and even ordinary citizens.

We were studying a picture when Lindsay snapped her head towards a voice coming from the front of the bar.

"I want a beer and a shot of whiskey." A voice ordered. I looked at the direction Lindsay was staring at and saw the devil himself.

Lindsay's father.

And he was heading our way.

"Oh god." Lindsay whispered.

By instinct, I grabbed Lindsay and pinned her on the wall. Without kissing her lips, I kissed her right next to them. I don't think she's ready to kiss me officially.

I wanted to kiss her soft looking lips so bad!

"Excuse me? Where's the bathroom?" Luke's voice asked me from behind. I kept Lindsay's face hidden with mine. She was frozen.

Keeping my head low I made my voice deeper, "In the back."

"Thanks."

When I thought he had left, I heard him talk again, "Oh and get a room. You stupid horny teenagers always want to show off to the whole world."

When I heard his footsteps fade, pain shot through my arm and I stumbled back.

"Aiden? Aiden? Are you okay?" Lindsay looked at me worriedly.

"Let's get you out of here." I grabbed her hand and pulled her outside.

"You can't drive."

She was right. The pain was getting worse. I tossed her the keys as my hand flew up to my head.

It started throbbing.

My eyesight began to get blurred and I closed them, seeing myself in school.

The fear I had when Luke pointed the gun towards me.

The thought of death.

"Aiden! Aiden! We have to get out of here!" Lindsay's voice made me snap my eyes open and take a seat in the passenger's side.

I stayed quiet, my sight getting starry.

"Sh*t. Sh*t. I think he's following us."

"I think I'm going to faint." I groaned.

"Help me! Don't leave me!" Lindsay screamed. She was driving furiously, crossing a red light.

I rubbed my eyes, "Switch seats and keep your head down."

We carefully switched and I took hole of the wheel. Luke's car appeared beside us. I think he noticed me since he hit my truck on the side.

"No one hurts this sexy truck beast." I growled. I caught Luke's stare and thought of how he hurt Lindsay and so many others.

He made another big push and I lost control. I managed to do the same but harder. In less than a second, our vehicles were sliding to the side into the woods.

The last thing I remembered was the truck launching forwards and my mind shutting down.