Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Lindsays POV

I heard a another gunshot. But this time it was very close as soon as Aiden got the door shut, I saw blood dripping from his shirt...

"AIDEN!"  I screamed as he fell to the ground.

"HELP!" I cried, "He's hurt!"

Mrs. Field came running and started helping him. Why am I crying?  Do I even care? But deep down, I knew I did. 

Snap back to reality Lindsay I told myself. I looked up at the door and a dark male figure was standing there. His eyes locked with mine. Those hazel eyes, filled with hurt and anger... They looked familiar... I've seen them before. After about five seconds of staring he looked me up and down then ran to the right.. there are no doors there, only lockers.. My locker.

 I then heard on the intercom.

"The shooter has fled from the scene. The police are doing the best they can to find him. If you have any information on this, You are to report to the principals office immediately! We are shutting down the school and your parents are on their way. Please do not move from where you are until we locate you with your parents."

**************************

After everyone was too busy on assisting Aiden, I ran to my locker, punched in my code and opened it. I didn't care if we weren't allowed to move. A piece of paper fell on top of my sandals.. I think its a note. I opened it and it read,

"I'm coming for you, I'll be back.."

Fear and anger shot up my spine. If you wanted me you could have just shot me and not my friend!   I knew those eyes looked familiar..  He was here for me... Either to take me or shoot me. That's why he stared at me with hurt and anger. Because he failed and he has NEVER failed before. I need to make sure first.. So nobody thinks I'm crazy.

"I know who it is!" I blurted out happily. I got weird looks from everywhere... I just ignored them. I know who did this! Luke, I mean my father, He has the right for me to call him father but he doesn't deserve it.

Will everyone hate me if I speak up? Who can I tell? Who can I trust?

"Aiden." I gasped.

**************************

Mom picked me up as she broke down into tears and she hugged me tightly asking questions if I was hurt.

I just cant get over the fact that innocent peoples lives were put at stake because the mad man I'm suppose to call my father wants ME. Well, actually... Nobody knows why he does the things he does. But I plan to find out... whether I make it alive or not. My father is crazy and he'll hurt my mother and I in a blink of an eye.

So many questions flood my mind. I just need to get some sleep so I can just have some time to think and escape it all.

**************

"Okay students, now that I have set the rules for the entire year, I want you guys to introduce yourselves to each other. Welcome to sixth grade!" Mr. Hill smiled.

Oh gee what a joy.

"Hello there gorgeous. My name is Aiden, but you can call me lover." A boy sitting next to me winked at me. He had brown hair with matching chocolate brown eyes and olive skin. He was cute.

Eww no. I need to calm my hormones.

"Like what you see or just dreaming about our future relationship?" He smirked.

"Neither!" I snorted.

"Okay then. Watch your back pumpkin. You'll miss me sooner or later." He walked away to flirt with other girls.

I stood up from my seat and looked for my best friend Kate. We talked for a bit until Mr. Hill told us to take a seat.

Waving at Kate, I took a seat until a very disturbing noise erupted from the seat.

"ffffrrrrrrrrrrppptptptpt!"  

My classmates snapped their heads towards me and began to laugh as I pulled out a whoopee cushion that I was sitting on.

I searched for Aiden and caught him laughing along with a glint of mischief radiating from his eyes.