Chapter 12

Lindsay's POV

I woke up in a unfamiliar place. I looked around and I saw Aiden lying next to me. His face gave off a peaceful look. Now I remember, I'm at Aiden's house. Last night, after the problem with this so called, "Samantha" I took Aiden back home.

I got up, about to leave when I heard Aiden wake up. He sat up, turned around, stretched and then looked at me confused. Does he remember anything from last night? He hasn't said a word to me which was kinda weird. Hangover maybe? He then looked down and started hyperventilating. He walked over to his dresser and put on a loose red t-shirt and then walked over to me.

"Sorry Lindsay. What happened? Did I scare you off?"

"No, What makes you think that?" I said.

"Umm.. Nothing. This headache is killing me. Can you tell me what happened last night, just so I can refresh my memory?" I then told him everything except for the almost kiss...

"There's one thing you forgot." He replied smiling. Did he seriously make me say all that to see if I remembered?

"What? I think I got just about everything." I said nervously.

"Yeah, Just about." He said smirking. He then grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in closer to him.

"You're not a mistake. I forget mistakes." He whispered in my ear which made my whole body tingle. He then lightly brushed his lips against my forehead. I then glanced over his shoulder and looked at the clock 7:25

"Crap, I gotta go." I said pulling away from his chest.

My mom is probably worried sick. I thought to myself.

"I'll be here at 6pm so we can look at the papers and do a little more research." With that said, I ran out of his room and out the front door not wanting his parents to say anything, I then ran across the street and jumped into my window and changed into my pink pajamas, with clouds on them, before walking into the kitchen. I saw my mom sitting on a chair at the table drinking coffee and reading a newspaper.

"Hey Lindsay. Sorry I didn't wake you earlier. I thought you might wanna sleep in today."

"Umm Thanks?" I said. I really did mean it. I would be dead if she found out what happened... I Then grabbed me a piece of bread too tired get anything else to eat then I went back to my room.

                                        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I then knocked on his door at 6:15. Ya know.. I don't want it to seem that I'm eager to see him even though I am. He then opened the door.

"You're late." He said with a slight grin. He then looked me up and down.

"Nice attire." He said chuckling. Crap. I forgot I'm still in my pajamas. I. am. Such. An. Idiot.

"Whatever" I said playfully pushing him to the side trying to play it cool. I then ran up to his room and he quickly followed. I took my backpack off and tossed it on his bed while he grabbed his laptop and turned it on. We sat down next to each other on his bed. I grabbed my backpack, unzipped it and took out a handful of papers I found last night and I gave him half and half for me.

"Look through them and see if you can find anything that could give us more information about him or help us find out where he is." I said.

"Okay." He replied sarcastically. I started looking through them and I saw to things his middle name and his parents name apparently he is a jr.

"Aiden look this up" I said. I leaned over to look at his screen and I saw an ancestor website opened. He typed in my grandparents name and my fathers name.

Luke Sagtrep married to Judy Sagtrep

Jasmine Sagtrep married to _________

Luke Sagtrep II - Amy Sagtrep.

So my dad has an older sister? I have an aunt?

"Aiden write this down!" I screeched excitedly.

"Way ahead of ya." He said. I glanced over and it looked like he was writing the whole page down.

"Aiden... Look up all the Jasmine Sagtreps in the area." He then went on Google and looked up her name and then clicked on an white pages website.. We've had luck with the website so far so I'm not really worried. We found three Jasmine Sagtreps in the area. From one four miles away to one fifty miles away.

"I totally drive this trip!" Aiden yelled excitedly. Sometimes I just wonder if he's on a high or something. "Lets go now."

"Umm... Its 6:45 and I'm not dressed properly... Lets just go at noon tomorrow." I said.

"Ugh. Fine. Lets go to the closest one first and if it's not the right one, we'll go to the next one."

"Okay. See you at noon tomorrow."  I was then walking out his bedroom door when I heard him call out, "Lindsay!"

"Yeah?" I said turning around

"You're not a mistake. Just don't ever think that." He said softly. I then walked out the door back home...

                                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I got dressed in my skinny jeans, a teal colored long sleeve shirt and some white vans. I walked out the door at 11:51, wanting to be on time today. I casually strolled across the street to Aiden's house and leaned on his truck, waiting for him to come out.. He came like five minutes later..

"So you're early today?" He said with a smirk on his face. I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey. Do you have the papers?"

"Yep. Got'em right here." He said waving them in the air with his hand. We hopped in his truck and he started it before he typed in the address in the GPS app on his phone.

                                                 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

We arrived at a small one story home. It was in a pretty nice neighborhood.. We got out of the car and I knocked on the door and an elderly woman answered the door.

"Hello. Are you Jasmine Sagtrep?"

"This is she, what do you young fellas need?" She asked nicely. I had a feeling this was not her.. She didn't have "The Eyes" That seem to run in the family... Her eyes were a sparkling brown. Not hazel. Might as well give it a shot.

"Do you happen to have little brother named Luke?"

"Umm, No. I was an only child.."

"Okay. Well thank you for your time" She then shut the door and I heard footsteps fade away.

"Well one down two to go" Aiden said as we were walking back to the car and he started it and typed the other address in.

                                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

We arrived at a three story house. This was a snobby rich people neighborhood it seemed. If this is my aunt's house and she had money, send some our way! I then got out of the car and Aiden followed. I knocked on the door and a younger lady answered.

"Hello are you Jasmine Sagtrep?" I asked.

"No. But my mother is.. Come on in." She said... So I have a cousin?

"MOM YOU HAVE VISITORS!" She yelled. Just then a woman came walking down the grand staircase. I looked at her and she looked at me. Our eyes locked. Those hazel eyes. They were just like mine and Luke's. This was defiantly the right lady.

"Hello Mrs.Sagtrep." I said.

"Hello. What do you need?" She asked with a fake smile.

"Do you happen to have a younger brother named Luke Sagtrep?" When I said his name her fake smile fell and she looked concerned not to mention, scared.

"I...Uh..."