Chapter 2

Lindsays POV

I woke up from another nightmare of "The Incident". My dad pushing me against the wall, trying to suffocate me, My mom being thrown into the glass table the shattered pieces of glass, the blood, the flashing lights. I have the same nightmare almost every night and it gets me

Every.

Single.

Time.

I wish I could make it all go away but I can't, it just keeps coming back. My mom always says "He will come back for me"

Nobody knows how or when just that hes coming back and hes not finished with us yet. I wish I could just escape it all. Have a happy, normal, care free life like everyone else at least they don't have to worry about their dad kidnapping them.

"Lindsay!" Mom called. "Get ready and eat breakfast. The bus will be here in half an hour"

"UGHHHHHH" I grunted.

I jumped out of bed and put on a pink ruffled tank top, dark skinny jeans, and slipped on my silver sandals. I walked into the kitchen and ate Frosted Flakes with Milk and Extra Sugar. My mom always says I'm gonna get Diabetes when I'm older.. Maybe, Maybe not.

"Oh Crap, The bus will be here in ten minutes".

I got up grabbed my backpack and said "Bye mom. Off to school"

"Bye Sweetie"

I walked to the bus stop and Aiden was there.

"Hey Lindsay." He said

"Hey"

After one of his ridiculous pick up lines, the bus arrived. We hopped on and he sat next to me. Not saying a word. The bus ride is twenty minutes long.

I am a senior at Spanford High School. I am the Captain of my Soccer Team and I have a few friends. I think Aiden likes me he's sweet but who would like me? Plus, he's a complete flirt and either way I'm not into boys just yet. Mom won't let me date until I'm out of college and find the right one. She doesn't want me to go through what she did. Finally the bus came to a stop and we were at school.

"Bye Lindsay. See you in class." Aiden said.

"Bye cheater." I smiled. I will never forgive the fact that he copied my work back in sixth grade and all the pranks he did back at that time.

I went straight to my locker to drop my books off and grabbed the ones for first period. Then suddenly the alarm went on and the lights went off as I heard over the intercom "Nobody Panic. Go hide and stay silent and calm. We have an intruder and he's firing shots..."

I ran to my class and hid behind the desk with Aiden. Then it finally occurred to me that I knew what was happening.