Chapter 4

Luke's POV

Mind racing, I chuckled silently. Reaching for the gun next to me, I stared at it.

Find her and kill her. Kill everyone that gets in your way.

The voices ordered.

I'll make sure...I'll make sure that happens.

I took another gulp from the whiskey bottle and wore a hoodie that covered most of my face.

With that, I got ready.

***************

I passed through the empty halls feeling a bit cloudy from the alcohol I drank a while ago.

Asking a student where Lindsay's class and locker was, not to mention also threatening to kill him, I made my way quickly without letting others see me.

As I get near to the classroom, I see a young boy trying to close the door. The hood from my hoodie slips off my head as I bring the gun up pointing towards the b**tard of a kid.

Pulling the trigger, the boy shuts the door with one last yank.

I bring the hood back up and walk past the door, meeting a pair of eyes that resembled mines through the small window of the door.

Lindsay

I headed to her locker and slip in a note, running from the scene as quickly as possible.

****************

No one can find me.

No one will.

Over my dead body.

Why didn't you kill her? The voice snapped.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed as I started packing my luggage.

I want you to kill her as quick as possible. And her mother once you eliminate her first.

"Okay." I agreed but for now, I need to flee from this town but find a place not so far away.

***FLASHBACK***

"Look Luke!" Amy smiled as she held a small baby in her arms. I had waited a long time outside as Amy gave birth to our child. All I hoped for was a baby boy.

That's what this world needs, more men to dominate the stupid existence of women. We are stronger and more reasonable. I'd give anything to have a baby boy.

I frowned at the sight of a baby girl reaching her little hand out.

"Is that a girl?" I frowned.

"Yes Luke. Her name is Lindsay." Amy grinned. "Aren't you happy?"

I shook my head in disbelief, "No! Not at all! What a disgrace and disappointment! A girl? I wanted a boy! Not a pathetic useless girl!"

Lindsay began to cry at the sound of my booming voice.

This can't be possible. I was so stupid of letting Amy choose the baby's gender to be a surprise. Maybe we could've gotten rid of the baby in time.

My life is ruined.

***

"Daddy!" Lindsay crawled towards me.

"I am not your daddy." I snapped.

"Luke! Don't say that!" Amy picked Lindsay up.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and continued my work.

"Hush-a-Bye
Dont You Cry
Go To Sleep My Little Baby
When You Wake You Shall Have
All The Pretty Little Ponies
In Your Bed
Mamma Said
Babies Riding Off To Dream Land
One By One
They've Begun
Dance And Prance For Little Baby"  I heard Amy sing from upstairs, putting Lindsay to sleep.

"Done with work yet?" Amy asked as she leaned against the wall.

"I think so." I smirked as I stood from my chair and walked to her.

"Luke, we need to talk." Amy said.

I ignored her and pressed my lips on hers. Never separating my lips from her, I carried her into our room and shut the door behind us.