Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Lindsays' POV

Blood. There was a dark red liquid seeping through my jeans. I took my jeans off and looked down at my leg, there was nothing there. I then picked up my jeans from the floor and grabbed a wad of toilet paper and started attempting to wipe it. Nothing liquidity came off just flakes of brown and red stuff... Dirt. Wow. I REALLY need some sleep. I then took the rest of my clothes off and hopped into the shower.

***

Eating my breakfast, I heard a knock on my door. I looked through the peephole and I saw Aiden standing there with a big smile. He was knocking on my door for a change. I could get used to this... But how could he want to talk to me after how I acted yesterday? I then combed through my hair with my fingers, put it to the side, dusted my pants off and fixed my shirt just to make sure I didn't look like crap. Then, I quickly opened the door and looked at him.

 "Would you like to go out with me... today?" Aiden said smiling. How do I reply... Would my mom be mad at me? Plus, I have soccer practice today.. I'm the captain and I cant miss it.

 "No." I said sadly. His smile then faded. It looked like I destroyed him.

"What I mean is that I'd love to but I'm not allowed." I hate that it I can't. I think I'm the only girl in school that's not allowed to date.. He looked a little happier when I said that.

 "So... You'd like to but you can't?" He asked with a slight smile. I nodded.

"Can I talk to your mom?" He asked confidently. Um. That's awkward.. Why does he need to see her? I then led him into the house.

 "Why?" I asked curiously.

 "Just to meet her." He said with a giant smile. I then gave him a quick glance before running into my moms room...

 "Mom, Someones here to see you." I said to her as she was laying down in bed.

 "Who?" She asked with a yawn following.

 "Just come." I said yanking the covers off her. She then got up and walked into her bathroom, brushed her hair to the side which matched match mine... She changed her shirt into a more presentable one but she kept her pajama pants on. She then walked out of her room and I just laid down on her bed not wanting to hear this conversation. I then heard my mom say..

"Its Amy." Very rudely. I then got up and stood behind her scared of what she was going to say next.

 "Come back before 11." My mom turned around and I saw a slight grin on her face and a huge one on Aiden's. I practically jumped into the air. I'm sooo excited. I can't believe she said yes!! Practice or a day with Aiden? Umm... Aiden!! I'll just say I'm not feeling well.  I let out a giant smile and then I ran into my room to get changed.

 I got dressed into some dark colored skinny jeans, a light blue colored crop top-tank top and some vans that were the same color as my shirt. I practically sprinted to the bathroom. I brushed my hair down flat and put on a gray beanie and did some light makeup. I put on some silver earrings and then ran out of my room.

 "Are you that happy to see me?" Aiden smirked.

 "Shut Up." I said as I smacked his arm playfully.

 "Ow. Careful. My arm!" Aiden said in between laughs before we walked out of my front door. We then jogged across the street and  hopped into Aiden's truck. He started it and then we drove off in silence. Should I tell him about what happend yesterday? What I learned? Or should I wait for him to ask? Like he read my mind, He started talking

"Uh, Lindsay?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind telling me about what happened yesterday? Or is it too soon?" You spoke too soon Lindsay. I told myself. I then told him about what I learned about my dad and how I almost got hit by a car.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Aiden asked sounding more concerned than ever.

"Not really. I'll be fine."

"What is the definition of 'Not Really' to you Lindsay?"

"Well, It means that I'll be okay."

"Yeah. Okay. Now, about your dad... He has a disease that tells him to do crazy things like kill and shoot?"

"Yeah. That's pretty much it. That's why I need to find him and put him in a mental institution."

"Well. With each others help, we can do it. We are almost there by the way. I think you'll love it where I'm taking you."

***

We arrived at a weird looking building. It was big and it looked like a retirement home.  The building was creme colored and had like a fifty windows. It looked like about four floors. I can't be sure. There was a giant fountain at the front that was squirting out water.

I honestly thought we were going on a date. I guess not. Aiden then parked the car in a special slot at the front just for volunteers. Wow. Who knew the flirty, bad boy Aiden Walls was a volunteer. Aiden then got out of the car and opened the door for me. I hopped out and we walked inside. When we got inside, the first thing I saw was a brown desk. There was a lady sitting there. Aiden approached the desk and I followed. Apparently Aiden knew her.

"Hey Mrs. Gina. " He greeted.

"Hi Aiden. You filling in for your mom today?" She asked. Gina had short brown hair around her late forties.

"Yes. Actually I am."

"Alrighty. Now, who is this lovely friend of yours?"

"Gina, this is Lindsay and Lindsay this is Gina." He introduced.

"Hi Mrs. Gina." I said, trying to be polite. I then started looking around and saw a giant sign on the wall that stated.

'THE FINEST ADULT DAYCARE CENTER IN TOWN'

So that's where we are? Aiden's a volunteer at an adult day care center?  I couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle.  Be nice Lindsay.

Not everything is as it seems.

Never judge a book by its cover, I told myself.

I think Aiden's opening up a little. Its kind of sweet that he likes helping elderly people.. I then heard someone say something which disconnected me from my thoughts.

"Lindsay, come on." I heard Aiden's voice call. He then walked into a room to the left and I quickly followed. We walked into a room which was kinda like a mini-lobby. I sat down on a long, comfy bench. Aiden then sat by me and started talking really fast.

"Well. First of all, Yes. I help the elderly. Two, This is NOT the date because the real one is afterwards I just have to take care of something and Three... I have a surprise for you. Oh. Also, This might take a while." With that said, he walked out of the room into a small corner room. I just stayed put.

About two minutes later, I heard a beautiful classical piece playing from a room to the corner. I then got up to see what it was. I peeped through the little window on the door and the first thing I saw was a few chairs with elderly people sitting in them. I then looked up and saw a stage with a big, black baby grand piano on it.

I then looked up a little higher and that's when I saw it... Aiden plays... Piano?