Chapter 11

Aiden's POV

"Who is this?" I answered my phone.

"Samantha!" The girl at the other end screamed. Samantha? I don't recall that name.

"Sorry, I don't remember you." She might be the nerd I hooked up several months ago... "Wait... you're the girl from the library right?" I asked.

"Yes! Jeesh. I need you to do me a favor!" She was clearly hysterical at 3 AM in the freakin morning.

"Yes? Why are you calling at this time?" I rolled my eyes.

"That doesn't matter! I think I'm pregnant...well something like that. The thing is, I need you to buy a pregnancy test. I can't do it because I'm not allowed to leave this house since I'm 'sick'. Also I'm really scared." She piled all this in one phone call?

Holy shiz. What if she is pregnant? I can't be a father yet.

"What?! Why can't you do it? You're scared?" I was almost yelling.

"Please! I'm freaking out! When you get it, stop by my house and climb up to my window. I'll leave it open."

I just got out of the hospital and now this? Well I can't say my dad didn't warn me.

"I'm the one who's freaking the hell out right now! I'm not ready. Fine I'll get it." I dug my  fingers in my hair.

Once I hung up, I banged my head on the steering wheel multiple times and groaned.

"Fml."

************

"Is everything alright?" Lindsay asked me. I looked up and started hating myself all over again. So much for impressing her and now I have to deal with shame.

"Yeah. Yeah." I assured. How do you buy a pregnancy test? Do you need an I.D to purchase one?

"No...something's wrong." Lindsay kept pushing it.

"Nothing's wrong." I started the engine.

"C'mon! You can trust me. Either way, I trust you and I've told you a lot of things. It's your turn. Tell me." She ordered.

I turned the engine off and gave Lindsay a doubtful look.

"Are you sure you want to hear this?"

"Yep. Whatever you're killing yourself over must be important." Lindsay crossed her arms.

"Fine." I sighed. "I...this girl...I did it with..." I glanced at Lindsay and saw some color drain off her face. I'm an idiot! An idiot for telling the girl I like about an affair I had with another girl. "She thinks she's pregnant and I need to get a pregnancy test for her." I finished off.

"Well..." Lindsay started off.

"I don't know where to get one. Or if there are brands. I seriously don't know." I said.

"Well...I can help you." She gave off a little smile.

"Thank-you!" I hugged her. I'm not a hugger but I only hug Lindsay. Apparently.

*********************

Lindsay and I entered Walmart (open 24 hours) and were greeted by the cold AC. I saw Lindsay shiver next to me. I took my jacket off and helped Lindsay in it.

"Thanks." Lindsay smiled. That smile.

"No problem. Where do we go now?"  I followed her as we made a turn to the pharmacy. We walked into an aisle until she halted to a stop. I followed her gaze as I realized we stood in front a whole section of pregnancy tests.