A Feast Of Friends

Slightly bitter, roasted, a little nutty. Only one person knew how to make coffee this great.

Alex had weary look on his face, from lack of sleep. None of us have really slept in the past twenty four hours besides Damian and Gage. They really did a number on Damian his injuries resulted in a busted up face, gash along his back, cuts all over his front, broken arm and burns all down his left leg. Gage on the other hand had just been shot in the thigh and stomach.

My throat burned as the hot liquid made it's way down my throat. "Where do you want me to start?" I directed my questions to the guys.

Kaiden snapped up at the sound of my voice, running a hand over his face in distress. "How about the moment you decided that running away with Damian would be a good idea."

I dragged my fingers across a deep cut along Damian's nose as he slept soundly beside me. "He was the only one who understood me in that moment in time. Everyone else treated me like a broken toy that had to be fixed. I just wanted away from those people and Damian provided that for me. Plus he was the only one I could bare to be around."

"Is he the one who made you, you again?" Gage asked.

"That would be my mother." I answered quietly, knowing this would open a whole knew discussion in which I hardly felt like discussing. Yes, they were curious and yes they have every right to be. But I am at the brink of knocking out at any moment as this coffee is doing me no justice and my mother is the last person on earth I feel like talking about. The word mother itself makes my stomach flop.

"You're mother?"

"What about her Dru?"

"Did she rise from the dead or something?"

I rubbed my temples at the questions speeding my way. I even managed a half-assed smile at the last one. "She never was dead." The words spilled out my mouth. They all looked puzzled at this point. "Her death was framed by Ace."

And all the while they shot question after to question, arguing amongst one another. I soon enough felt consciousness ebbing away as I slipped into oblivion.

*

"This whole thing, I'm telling you it was Ace." Damian's informed in an easy tone.

I sat up slowly, regaining consciousness, taking in my surroundings. It was just Damian and Kaiden out here talking.

Kaiden glanced over at me, obviously seeing the confusion in my face. "You've been out for a while, few hours. The rest of the guys went to go sleep." He said before looking back at Damian's who's eyes were glued to me now. "Why would he go after you though? You're his son."

My face dropped in confusion once again. Did everyone know about this but me? Was this another sacred secret of theirs that I was not informed of?

"I told him everything while you were asleep." Damian said, cutting of my train of thoughts.

I shook my head. "So you two are good now? Not gonna kill one another? Last I remember you hated each other."

Kaiden laughed, "he's not too bad." His hands ran through his hair that has grown significantly since I last saw him, nearly reaching his shoulders. "Not my favorite person, but we'll be fine."

Damian's hand covered his chest in mock disappointment. "I thought we had something?"

I rolled my eyes at the two of them as I stood up. "Damian you need anything?" I asked in a casual tone.

He smiled at me, which in return made my stomach feel uneasy. I don't think I will ever be able to get over that smile.

Kaiden groaned, "you guys are adorable." His words came out less than sincere.