Kickass? More like ass kicked.

"Are you ready for this Bryson?" I asked concerned. I just hoped he knew what he was getting himself into.

He was wrapping his wrists while looking at his opponent, Jackson. I have kicked his ass one or twice before. He isn't the worst competition but certainly wouldn't be easy for a beginner. "Drucilla, i'm fine... Don't worry about me."

His nose was pretty bad. The doctor will come over tomorrow to check it out. That's mainly the biggest worry I have, not even a worry. I know that Jackson will see his broken nose as a weakness, and with no doubt will he take advantage of it. I locked eyes with Jackson, he just laughed and shook his head when he looked over at Bryson. He started mouthing something to me... 'this is a joke right?'

I clenched my jaw. God I really hope Bryson kicks his ass, or I might have to myself... again. I kissed Bryson gently on his bruised lips. "Good luck, you got this." I looked him sternly in the eyes. Before he could walk away I grabbed his arm. "Jackson will use your broken nose against you, so i'll let you know his biggest weakness is behind his legs, specifically behind the knee."

He nodded and walked over to meet his opponent. I looked at the people bidding on this fight. They probably were expecting for Jackson to win.

I went and stood next to the guys. "Who are you betting on?"

"Look Dru it's cute and all that you have your faith in Bryson winning, but common... Be logical here." Kaidan said rolling his eyes.

All the guys were agreeing with him. I sighed, let's hope they are wrong. I looked over at Ace to see his opinion, but his focus was already on the fight. So I let my eyes follow his to see Bryson standing across from Jackson, who was as usual set in his cocky grin. He thought this would be an easy fight. Little does he know I trained the dog, so everything he knows... He learned from the best.

Dan looked at both of them smiling, "ready?"

Bryson nodded, and Jackson's grin grew even more following with a subtle nod.

"Then let's get the show on the road boys."

Jackson ran to Bryson, throwing a punch. Bryson caught it however, that's my boy. Jackson threw again and this time he got him square in the nose. The crowd went wild at the sight of crimson red pouring out of his nose. Bryson ignored it and went for his weak spot. Jackson grabbed behind is leg hissing. Bryson took the chance to get the other leg.

Jackson stood up, veins popping out of his head. Wow he's mad. He punched Bryson in the jaw while kneeing him in the ribs.

Suddenly I couldn't breath. I knew how painful that would be for him. I could see Bryson wincing but he grabbed around Jackson's neck, wrapping his leg around him, twisting so that Jackson would fall to the ground. Jackson was blocking most of Bryson's punches, although he got a few in.

Jackson pushed Bryson off of him, he stood up and kicked him upside the head.

My jaw dropped, shit, shit, shit. Please don't be knocked out.

I let myself breath once Bryson slowly stood up. That didn't last long though, 'cause soon Jackson was on top and getting in rounds of punches. I couldn't take it anymore. Bryson's face was pouring out blood. I knew Jackson was doing this on purpose instead of taking the chance to knock him out. He know's that I care for Bryson, and he hates me. So it all makes sense.

I started to walk over to the fight when Trevor grabbed my arm, "Dru don't get involved."

I shook off his grip and ran over to Jackson beating up a struggling Bryson. As soon as I reached them I ripped Jackson off of Bryson. I kicked him in the ribs a few times so he would feel what Bryson did. I straddled him and placed a anger packed punch on his nose, hearing the satisfying crunch. I could hear Dan yelling into the mic telling me to stop, but I ignored it. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Kaidan and Trevor running over.

I finished him off with a nice kick to the head like he did to Bryson.

After he was knocked out I ran over to Bryson. "Holy shit, Bryson, you're bleeding like crazy."

"No shit." He mumbled smiling, showing off his bloody gums.

I ran my hand over my face. "If I knew you were enjoying this I wouldn't of came out."

He rolled the one eye that wasn't bruised shut. "Oh you know how I love to get my ass handed to me."

Trevor and Kaidan were by my side now. "Move Drucilla, we'll take it from here." Trevor said pushing me out of the way helping Bryson up.

Dan ran over to me. "What the hell was that Drucilla? You can't just interfere with a fight!" He barked.

"Don't give me that bullshit Dan, you, and everyone else knew damn well what he was up to. He wouldn't end the fight until he was sure that Bryson lost every once of blood in his body." I replied infuriated.

He knew damn straight I was right. "Look just don't bring him here if he's not ready to fight his own fights... I never want to see that happen again."

I shook my head and pushed past him to go see how Bryson was doing. Except he was nowhere to be found. I spotted Alex and ran over to him. "Where's everyone?"

"They left to take Bryson back to the house, Ace already called the Doctor." He informed me looking down at my knuckles.

I followed his gaze and saw what he was staring at. My knuckles were really bruised, probably broken. And he would probably force me to get it checked out. "So are we going?" I asked impatiently.

He held up his hands surrendering, "look I'm waiting for you."

"Well i'm ready, so can we just go?" I pushed through the brawling crowd.

*

I stood there and watched as the doctor stitched Bryson up. He only needed stitches on his eyebrow and lip. However he will have to undergo a lot of surgery, mainly for his nose. Doc said he broke three ribs.

Everyone else went to bed, not me, I didn't want Bryson to go through this alone. He squeezed my hand tightly as the Doctor threaded the last of the stitches. He then picked up the needle filled with anesthetics for the surgery.

"Ready Bryson?" The doctor asked making sure he had of Bryson's approval.

Bryson chuckled, "last time I was asked that I got my ass kicked..." He trailed off, "but sure, whatever."

The doctor injected the needle into his arm. I watched as Bryson drifted off as his hand fell limp in mine.

"I don't approve of this Drucilla, not at all. He is a young boy who does not deserve this kind of lifestyle. He should be at home taking care of his family. It just breaks my heart." Cole, the doctor said as he pulled out the needle from Bryson's arm.

I sighed, "I didn't want this for him Cole, you think that this is what I want for him?... Bryson chose this life when he chose me."

He nodded, "I undertsand, look you should get some rest, he'll be good as new tomorrow."

I opened my mouth to protest but realized that it would be pointless, "thanks for everything Cole."

He waved me off and started the surgery.

*

A/N I know this chapter is super short but I need to cut it short for the next chapter which will be bigger and I have it all planned out so it wont take long to write. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Its defiantly not my favorite but its something.