Karma Police

This is one of those days when I wish my head worked as well as my mac and I could forget everything with a click.

Mahogany double doors stood in front of me. Damien by my left, and the doorbell on my right. The hot Florida sun beaming on my bare back. I could feel sweat beads forming on my forehead, either from the unpleasant heat or my undesired nerves. Butterflies would be an understatement to my current situation.

Damien reached in front of me and pushed the doorbell. Just for a moment my heart stopped. But only for a moment because within only a few seconds I was met with a face with so much resentment it could've sent me right back to Texas.

"Why are you here?" Trevor rudely asked, as he shot daggers through my soul.

I didn't necessarily know how to answer to that. "To talk, it's important."

He shook his head, "Wasn't my message clear when I didn't answer your calls. I mean damn, how much clearer could I have been? We don't want to talk to you Drucilla."

Well shit, that stung. I pushed past Trevor as Damien followed right behind me. The house looked empty, a little messy. I didn't see anybody else. "Where is everyone?" I asked, my eyes roaming the room.

The TV had collected dust, as did most of the other furniture. The house nearly looked abandoned.

"Drucilla?" A deep voice spoke from my left. I turned to see Emmett, who has physically matured so much. He had a good few inches on me too as I had to look up at him.

I have never felt so happy to see someone in my life. I walked closer to embrace him in a hug, until I saw his face. He didn't look happy to see me at all. He looked furious. So I backtracked. He beyond any doubt knew that I noticed as he looked amused.

What the hell is going on? How messed up have things gotten since I've left. What did I do to deserve this hatred?

"What brings you here?" Emmett asked, crossing his arms.

To show my strength I walked towards the couch, brushed the dust, and sat down. "We all need to talk."

Damien looked at the two motioning towards the couches with a glare on his face, "hear her out." Was all he said.

Thump, Tap, Thump, Tap. Feet raced down the steps that wound the fore-door. My heart began to pound. Could that be Ace? Had I gotten my calculations wrong? Maybe he wasn't at a business meeting. I whipped my head around to see, Micah. I silently let out the breath I had been holding for too long. His golden curls were gone, with a fresh buzz taking it's place; by his side was Bryson, whom was enjoying a nice laugh until he saw my face.

"No way," he said as he and Bryson took a seat across from Damien and I.

I looked at all of them, "from the looks of it I'm assuming I'm the last person any of you want to see, but if you could all put whatever it is behind you for a moment and just hear me out." Silence was my response, so I took that as my invite to continue on. "Have you guys noticed anything different about Ace?"

The guys looked at one another before Trevor settled on an answer, "no."

I don't believe it. "Well I find that hard to believe seeing that he's had it out for Damien and I since we left a few months ago."

Micah shook his head, "well what do you expect? You two left without a heads up, sure he was gonna be mad. I don't blame him. It's your stupidity that's fucked things up multiple times."

"Yeah I don't blame him either, until things became physical. Damien how many times would you say he's tried to kill us?" I asked, turning towards him.