Paint the walls in red

I was in New York. There was someone running towards me. "Drucilla!" He called out. The voice was so familiar, I would remember it anywhere.

My lip quivered. "Bryson!" I called back until we embraced into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." His voice came out muffled in my hair. His arms becoming tighter.

I pulled back and smashed my lips against his missing the feeling it gave me. "I've missed you too."

We both looked at one another. Our eyes telling stories to each other. My trail of thoughts were cut off by a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down slowly to see blood dripping off of the knife Bryson plunged into me. I looked back up, tears pooling in my eyes. His eyes were cold though.

I started choking, gasping for breath. My eyes pleading for him to help me even though he just stabbed me.

"Monster's like you don't deserve to breath." His voice came out stone cold.

No, no this can't be happening. No I have to be dreaming. My breathing was slowing down. I stared into his eyes trying to find something but there was nothing... Absolutely nothing.

"Drucilla!" A faded echo called out.

There was a heavy weight on my chest.

"Drucilla!" The voice yelled louder.

My eyes opened quickly as I shot up out of bed gasping for breath. It was just a dream. I let out a breath of relief. Valentina was staring at me shocked at what she had just seen. I ran my hands threw my hair trying to calm my breathing which was still ragged.

Valentina handed my a cup of coffee followed by a cigarette.

"All hail the coffee and cigarette god." I said while bowing down to her.

She rolled her eyes and pushed herself off of my bed, squinting her eyes into slits. "What were you dreaming about?"

I sipped a bit of the bitter coffee before spatting it out all over her down blanket. "What the hell kind of coffee is this? Jeez that dream and now this? Luckily I can take my anger out on that revolting boyfriend of yours."

She winced, "sorry... I didn't know how you took it."

I sighed deeply before setting down the coffee, grabbing the pack of matches on the night stand and lighting the cigarette. "So," I began, "any special requests on how you'd like your boy to be killed?"

She picked up the stained blanket and carried it into what I'm assuming was the wash room before coming back and sitting on the end of the bed. "I don't know... I don't have a sick mind. Just like, make it long... not too long but, just make him suffer."

I smirked, blowing the smoke out my nose. "You have no idea what you're doing, or the consequences you will face, do you?"

Her eyebrows scrunched together. "What do you mean?"

I picked up the coffee cup, flicking the ash on the end of the stick into it. "Here's the problems you failed to analyze. One, how will you seclude your boyfriend away from his gang? Two, how will you tame your brother when he realizes that the girl he has on target killed one of his members? Won't that make him want me all the more? He is a gangster... not a puppy, so he won't be easily tame-able by a treat. Three, if this all fails you'll die in the blink of an eye,"

Her eyes were glazed over as she was deep in thought about everything I had just told her.

I titled my head and continued. "I know, you expect me to do all the thinking, so I will." She snapped out of her trance once she heard that. "Now pay attention, I will only explain the plan once." She nodded. "First off you will need to desert your boyfriend. You will do this by telling the boys that I am at the fightclub a few blocks away from their apartment. Tell them that I am visiting an old friend and wanted to have a little fun with the locals. After they leave you will stay with your boyfriend and do whatever you have to, to make sure he stays."