Follow Me Down

Bryson P.o.v

I woke up to the smell of french toast. There is nothing better to wake up to in my opinion. I threw a shirt on and walked out to the kitchen. Rebecca was standing there in nothing but one of my t-shirts that was a few too many sizes large. She still managed to look beautiful.

I cannot help but to feel proud to call this woman my fiance. Its amazing how time flies. I can still remember the first time we met just as if it were yesterday. I've been with this beauty for nearly three long years and after this year we will be out of Uni and newlyweds on our way of a new life.

The future looked bright. She wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to run my own business. Everything was falling into place and I haven't been so pleased and genuinely happy with my life.

I walked over and kissed her on the cheek. "Good morning beautiful," I chirped.

She smiled wide, she has such a beautiful smile. She then fixed herself and I a plate of breakfast. We sat down enjoying our meal and talked about the plans for today. It was the usual however, we would both attend our usual classes, she would then go to work; she bar-tended locally. I, however, worked on campus at the coffee shop.

She gave me a quick peck on the lips before leaving to shower and get ready. I would have joined if it wasn't for my phone. It started to ring loudly from our room. I paced to the room not knowing the importance of the call. It was a random number. I decided to pick up anyway.

"Hello?" I asked the caller.

There was a slight pause and a sigh. "Bryson?" The familiar voice said. A way to familiar voice. I couldn't pin point the exact person though.

My eyes brows scrunched in confusion. "Yeah.." I trailed off, "who's this?"

I could hear someone talking in the background but the words were too muffled to make out. "Wow has it been that long?" The voice paused. "Still no clue? It's Trevor man."

My heart stopped. Why would he be calling me? I haven't talked to him since he dropped me off at campus years ago... Even though I have no clue why he is calling. I can get an idea though... Drucilla.

Even the thought of her made me wince. I must of been silent for too long because Trevor started to speak. "Hello? Bryson? I know its a bit of shock hearing from me out of the blue. I ju-"

"Why the hell are you calling me?" I asked cutting him off.

There was again more muffled chatter in the background. "Look Bryson I need you."

I shut the door and paced back and forth. "Need me? No, no way man. I'm sorry but find someone else!"

He let out a long sigh. "There's where we have a problem. You are the only one that can help me. You see its Drucilla-"

"No, no, no way-"

"Will you fucking stop that?!" He sounded frustrated, "look I know that this isn't going to be easy but I need you man. Before I start don't you dare cut me off. Drucilla needs you Bryson. You see when she woke up from her coma she woke up a new person. She is a cold bitch. She has no emotions. She kills people for the joy of it, not the justice."

I tried to take all of that in, yet I was confused tremendously. "I'm failing to see what you need me for? Take her to a damn psychiatrist."

"Its not that easy Bryson. Micah and I have a theory. See what we think Is that in order to have her feel something again we need to have her feel the strongest emotion of them all. Love. She once loved you and I'm sure behind that ice cold heart of hers she still does." He said.