2: Give Him A Chance

Ant talks to a lot of people, some of them are from school and some of whom he's never seen before. But it's fun, and he has had some really interesting conversations. But now he has realised something, something is nagging his brain - and weird enough it's Joanna's Declan. Even though his first impression of Declan was that he was an arrogant brat, it was also something else with that guy. Something that makes Ant's gaze automatically land on him. Subconsciously has he (more or less) always been aware of where in the room Declan has been the whole evening.

After Dec left Joanna and him at the table he went over to a girl who was standing in one of the corners alone. They talked until a taller, blond guy came up to her and snogged her off and Dec left. And Ant's eyes followed him over to a bigger group where he remained for some time.

At the same time a random guy came up to Ant and they had a weird conversation about his hair. He asked him what he had done to make it look like it did, and Ant could only answer as it was: nothing, just washed it in the morning and let it dry. And when the hair conversation was over, Dec had disappeared...

When Ant talked with some mates from school about the best films from the previous year, his eyes found Dec again. Then he was laughing hysterically with one of Ant and Joanna's classmates. He couldn't hear what the guy was telling Declan but apparently he found it really funny. That guy might be the shortest and most arrogant 16-years-old Ant ever met, but he can't deny the fact that his aura is magnetic.

His eyes have been forced towards Dec, even now, when he's dancing together with a girl from his class, he keeps throwing glances in his direction. Now he's sitting with Joanna and on the lap to a girl with red curly hair. Joanna is gesticulating towards Ant and when he looks back at them, nodding that sends them off into a giggling fit. After all the giggles Dec and the curly one look at each other for a second before they start to kiss each other. And he keeps staring at them, can't help it. Fortunately, Ant and the girl are slow dancing so she isn't aware of where he is looking.

It's weird, he's interacting with yet another girl from his school who in the sober condition didn't dare to say a word to him. A drink can apparently make some people really brave and outgoing... From "good-mornings" to hugs and even slow dancing, chest to chest. And to It must have been love of all songs, it's that kind of song he could be laying in bed, crying, with a broken heart to. Again he's feeling quite awkward about it but he didn't dare to say no, or he didn't want to hurt her with a no, so he said yes to a dance.

"It would've been ironic of you to walk away right now.", the girl says when the song ends and fades into something faster. Ant looks at her with a frown and it takes more than ten seconds of the intro before he recognises the song and can answer her with a smile.

"It would.", he says while she sings along with Whitney Houston and I wanna dance with somebody.

So he keeps dancing with her, or dancing... He tries to move his body - hopefully, almost - in sync with the music. She's a lot better and laughs at him, but what else can he do? He's laughing at himself and he's having pretty fun. And now and then he keeps throwing a glance at Dec on the couch.

After a while with that nonsense-dancing he decides to go over to just spin around in a circle. He does that until the song ends and the first thing that happens when he stops is that he falls over and lands on his elbow. He hears people around him laugh and when he looks up, his glance is met by Declan's.

"Ale doesn't make it spin enough? Advice, try something stronger and you'll make the world spin without looking like a compleat idiot.", Dec laughs and Ant can only laugh along with him. Fair enough, he must be looking like an idiot, he must be.

When Ant's world has stopped spinning around he stands up and looks at Dec, "Let's make it spin for real then. Shots - how many can you do? Because I bet I can do more than you!"