The Truth

Ricky's POV

        "Ricky, I love you."

        His words rang in my ears. I blinked, thinking that this was only a dream and that I would wake up and he will disappear.

        But this wasn't a dream. I heard him right. He told me he loved me, but was he in love with me like I am in love with him?

        "Ghost..." I could only say his name.

        His body was shaking, his eyes were watery as were mine.

        "No Ricky, you don't understand!" he yelled at me, but I knew that by the look in his eyes, he was hurting.

        "You don't understand," he whispered before he broke into tears.

        "Help me understand then," I silently said to him. I stood in front of him, still holding onto his wrist.

        "I'm in love with you Rick. And you don't see it. You never saw it. That's what's been wrong with me. To know that I love you but you willl never feel the same way about me. I'm in lov-"

        I cut him off by pressing my lips against him. Oh how I longed for this feeling. To make him feel safe in my arms.

        I heard what he said. He was in love with me and it killed me because I caused him pain. I'm the one that pushed him away from me.

        How stupid was I?

        Extremely stupid.

        But I hope that now he realizes that I do like him. At first he was shocked but he then melted into me. Wrapping his arms around my neck, and I let go of his wrist and placed my hands on his hips.

        I brought him closer to me, and he curved to my body. I've been dying to feel this and now that I am, it feel so surreal.

        Moments later, once we were both our of breath, we parted and I looked into his eyes.

        His opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

        "I'm in love with you too Ghost."

        His eyes widen, as if he didn't believe what I said.

        "Really?" he asked.

        I pressed my lips against his once again. 'Yes, Ghost. I'm in love with you and I am so sorry it took so long to see that. I'm sorry Ghost," I lowered my eyes.

        "Ricky look at me," I heard his voice and did what he asked me to do.

        "It's okay. I promise you it is, and I'm sorry that I pushed you away. I just never thought you could ever have the same feelings."

        "I'm sorry Ghost, but I do love you. Will you forgive me?" I asked, with pleading eyes.

        "Of course," he said before he kissed me once again. There it was. The truth was finally out there. And god how I loved it.