The Fight of Two "Friends"

The short walk from Kuza’s apartment to Ricky’s car seemed to long, or maybe it was just my mind that was dreading to go back to Ricky’s apartment. He was already in the car and unlocked the door when he saw me.

        H.I.M was playing over the radio when I got in. I didn’t say anything to him because I didn’t have anything to say so just got in, sat down and buckled up before he drove off back to the apartment.

        I was looking out of the window, going over and over in my head that Kuza was a better pick for me than Ricky would ever be. At least Kuza actually did like me and wanted to be with me, Ricky is so clueless to how I feel about him.

        The silence that hung between us was awkward because no knew what to say. Ricky showed his true colors yesterday. If he wants to be with that girl that he was dancing with last night then so be it.

        If he’s happy with her then fine, I will be happy with Kuza. So I made my decision. I’ll just need to tell Kuza later on.

        When we got to the apartment, I got out of the car before Ricky and waited for him to open up the front door. He seemed kind of annoyed but I didn’t know why. So when he opened the door, I walked in and headed straight toward the guest room.

        “Ghost, wait,” he called after me before I even reached to door.

        “What do you want Ricky?” I asked, annoyed.

        “What’s wrong with you, seriously? Why do you sound like you’re pissed off at me? I didn’t even do anything! If this is because how what happened earlier, then I’m sorry.”

        I rolled my eyes.

        “That has nothing to do with anything.”

        “Then what does? It’s like your avoiding me. I was fucking worried sick last night because I couldn’t find you. I wouldn’t sleep all night because I thought something was wrong with you.”

        I stared at Ricky’s face that screamed of exhaustion. He had bags under his eyes and he didn’t have that glow in his eyes anymore.

        “Well as you can see I’m fine,” I replied.

        He looked hurt by my answers.

        “What’s happened to you Ghost? You’re turning into a total dick.”

        “Nothing Ricky! Nothing happened okay? God, I know you’re worried about me but I’m asking you not to be. I didn’t come home last night because I saw that you were with a girl so I didn’t want to interrupt anything so I stayed with Kuza. And he was being nice to me and letting me stay there but you just had to flip your shit. Okay, I’m okay. Stop worrying about me,” I told him before I went inside the room and locked the door behind me.

        I threw myself onto of the bed as I heard the door knob try to be opened but after a while it just stopped.

        I felt guilty with how I just treated him because I’m not a mean person but I had to get it out. I had to release those emotions sooner or later. But don’t worry I was going to apologize to him when we’re both calm, but not right now.

        Right now, I really wished that Kuza was here to make everything okay.