Code Blue, Fix You

A few weeks later, Kurt found himself sitting on a chair in the activity room of the hospital. He didn’t actually know why he was there. Puck had wheeled him down, saying he had a surprise for him, and then disappeared.

            Kurt didn’t know where Taylor was either. Almost all the other kids on the floor were there, but she was no where to be seen. Kurt heard the doors open and looked round, expecting it to be Taylor. Instead, he saw Puck and the entire Glee Club walk in.

            “I told you I had a surprise for you,” Puck laughed as Kurt gaped at them. The Glee Club filed onto a small stage that had been set up and the kids and teens on the ward all sat on the chairs, excited.

            “This song is for Kurt,” Rachel said, “We love you and we’ll be by your side until you get better.” Kurt smiled at them all as they began to sing.

When you try your best but you don't succeed

When you get what you want but not what you need

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

            “Code Blue, Room 819. Code Blue, Room 819,” a voice said over the speaker. Kurt paid little attention to it, far too amazing at how great his friends were.

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

“Code Blue, Room 819. Code Blue, Room 819,” the voice said again, but this time, bells started to go off in Kurt’s head.

And high up above or down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth

            Room 819, why did he know that room? 819…819…oh god. Kurt stood suddenly, ignoring the stars that exploded in front of his eyes. He turned and hurried across the room, ignoring the shouts of his boyfriend and friends as he opened the door.

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

He walked down the hall, hearing the door open behind him.

“Kurt!” Puck shouted, following his boyfriend, “Kurt! What’s going on?” Kurt kept walking and turned the corner. He stopped, staring straight ahead at Room 819 at the end of the hall.

Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

Tears stream down your face

And I

Kurt started to run, ignoring the pain building up in his skull and the black spots exploding in front of his eyes. Kurt stopped dead again, just a few feet from the door.

“Kurt!” Puck said, finally catching up, “Kurt, what is it? What’s wrong?”

Tears stream down your face

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Tears stream down your face

And I

Puck put his hands on Kurt’s face and tried to make the boy turn to him, but Kurt had eyes only for the door in front of him.

“Kurt, baby you’re burning up,” Noah said, moving his hands from Kurt’s cheeks to his forehead. Kurt watched as the doctors and nurses worked vigorously in the room. Eventually, the doctor stood back and shook his head sadly.

“Kurt, tell me what’s wrong,” Noah pleaded, wiping away tears Kurt didn’t know were falling from his eyes. The darkness was starting to overtake him; the pounding behind his eyes getting louder.

“Kurt, please,” Noah begged.

“Taylor,” Kurt said, before his eyes tolled back and he fell forward into Noah.

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you