Packing

The car ride was silent as Burt, Carole, Finn, and Puck drove home.

    “Noah, if you want to stay with us while Kurt is in the hospital you can,” Carole told him.

    “Are you sure?” Puck asked.

    “Yes of course,” Carole said, “we’ll stop at your house and you can grab some of your things and then you can come and stay at our house.” Puck agreed and a few minutes later Burt pulled into the driveway. Puck got out with Carole while Burt and Finn waited in the car. Puck opened the door and walked in, Carole followed behind him.

    “Noah? Is that you?” a woman’s voice called from the small kitchen.

    “Yeah it’s me!” he called back. As soon as he spoke, a small ten-year old girl ran out of the kitchen and up to Puck, hugging him around the waist.

    “Hey Sarah,” he said, hugging his little sister back.

    “Noah, where have you been? I was expecting you a few – oh, hi Carole,” Puck’s mom said as she walked out of the kitchen, “Is everything alright?”

    “Um, would it be okay if I stayed at Finn’s place for a bit?” he asked.

    “I suppose so, why?” she told him, surprised.

    “Kurt’s sick” he told her, “And him and Finn are like brothers so Finn’s pretty upset and Kurt’s dad and Mrs. H. said if I wanted to stay to try and keep Finn’s mind off everything that was fine with them.”

    “Yes of course dear, that’s fine,” she said, not noticing the confused glance Carole threw at Puck, “Is Kurt okay?”

    “Noah, why don’t you go and get your stuff ready and I’ll explain what’s going on,” Carole suggested. Noah nodded and walked to his room where he threw some of his clothes in a duffle bag and then a few t-shirts and pajama pants into a plastic bag. He picked up both bags and then walked back into the living room right when his mom got up and hugged Carole.

    “I’m sorry Carole,” she said, and she meant it. She might not like Kurt Hummel’s lifestyle but all she could think was ‘what if it was my son?’. Puck and Carole left and went to the car and 20 minutes later they arrived at the Hudson-Hummel house.

    “Finn, Puck, go downstairs and get some of Kurt’s things together. We have a couple phone calls to make,” Burt said and the boys nodded before heading down to the basement. They grabbed some of Kurt’s looser clothes, his ipod, his cell phone, and a few books and threw them in a bag. Puck also threw the plastic bag that contained some of his own clothes into the bag for Kurt. They went back upstairs and gave Burt the bag before he left to head back to the hospital. After he was gone, Carole headed up to bed and Finn and Puck followed behind and went into Finn’s room. All of them saying they were going to bed, but all of them knowing there was no way they’d be sleeping.