Part Thirty Seven- Rest in Peace

George's POV

I wiped my tears away and gripped Flare's hand as Fred's casket was lowered into the ground. She squeezed my hand right back, letting me know she was here for me. I peeked at her from the corner of my eye. She was wearing a nice, straight up black dress with a black sun hat with a veil. I swallowed my sob down. At least I still had Flare.

She looked up at me and gave me a small smile of encouragement, hope in her eyes. Ever since the battle two days ago, I haven't spoken a word to anyone. Even the first night when I was plagued with nightmares and went straight to Flare and not my mother.

Flare was up as well, scared to fall asleep. She told me up front about everything. The truth nonetheless. She told me how she was there when Derrick died and how she covered up his death. She explained why she left to join the Death Eaters for four months without saying anything to anyone. She even talked about the future and what she wanted to do eventually. It calmed me, listening to her voice, especially when she was talking about the future.

"A house, maybe out of town like your parents, if you wanted to move out of the shop. We wouldn't have any visitors except those we invited over. Maybe a cat, if you like cats, and we'll get you an owl since I have one." Flare had rambled on as we laid in her bed. She was on her side, propped up by her elbow. I wrapped an arm around her waist, and nodded in agreement. "And I could help you run the shop, and do my training to be an Auror, and raised the baby. Of course, the baby will be running around the joke shop in no time. And," she traced my nose as she said this, "if you want, we could have more."

I had given her a quizzical look as she hesitated to continue. It was different to have Flare hesitate on anything. She then gave me a small smile.

"What about twins George?" She whispered excitedly. "What about-"

I rose an eyebrow at her and it silenced her. Flare opened mouth again, but I kissed her to keep her from talking. She raised an eyebrow of her own, and yawned. I smiled, nodding.

"Hey, it's over." Present-day Flare whispered. I turned to her and blinked once before squeezing her hand again. She leaned into me and looked across the graveyard of all the fallen. There was something on her weighing on her mind but I was scared to talk. So, I turned her head back towards me and leaned down, peering into her blue eyes.

"It's nothing." Flare said quietly, practically telling me that there was something wrong. I nudged her gently, waiting. Her eyes darkened into something foreign to me, then I realized it was guilt. But it was gone as quickly as it came.

I pulled towards the exit for a moment but Flare didn't move. I gave her another quizzical look before looking out across the yard. There were three headstones two aisles away from Fred, all in the same writing:

Sirius Black. Brother, Father, Son. May his soul rest in peace.

Zenith Iris-Robyn Bones. Mother and Daughter. Died bravely in Great War.

Scorpius Regulas Black. Son and Brother. Died to save many.

I looked at Flare's tight jawed, narrowed eyed expression. She seemed rattled to see her mother's tombstone beside her father's, and her brother's altogether. Deep down, I knew that Scorpius was alive, somewhere. The earth wasn't even turned over.

"George, can we go?" Flare asked suddenly. I hugged her tightly and when I let go she still won't look at me. "Please?"

I planted a kiss on her cheek and pulled back quickly. She was crying. I wiped her cheeks clear with my thumbs and held her face in my hands.

"Do you blame me?" She asked. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. Flare sniffed and turned to Fred's grave. "I knew he was going to die. I knew he was going to throw his life away for you. I knew how much it was going to hurt you and I did nothing. I hinted to Fred about it and I knew he knew and, and, I just couldn't bring myself to tell you that. Then you're ear happened-" She paused and pulled away completely, weeping. "I knew the truth and lied!"

My heart was already torn into pieces, but this shattered it more. I shook my head vigorously, crying as I did so, and hugged Flare tightly. How could I blame her for protecting me?

We stood there, weeping and sniffling and hugging each other for what felt like hours. Every now and again I could feel someone glance our way and do nothing about us.

I pulled my face away from where I hid it in Flare's hair and looked down at her. Words formed at my throat but I couldn't push them out. My mouth went dry.

Flare sniffed and released me to wipe her own face clean. She glanced up at me, fear in her eyes for the first time.

"What happens if this-" she gestured to the graves, "isn't over? What of this the only the beginning on something?"

I put my forefinger against her lips and shook my head. She sighed, closing her eyes.

"You're right. It's the past."

I gave her a tight smile and she hiccuped. Flare opened her eyes again and looked right at me. Nothing could ruin this. Nothing.

Not even if You-Know-Who came back again.

=================

A/N- So, after months of me writing, Black vs Weasley is finally completed. I wanted to thank everyone who read, commented and voted along the way.

I do apologize for the shortness of the parts and the total pages overall. And the spelling/grammar errors. I am going to edit all thirty seven parts.

And after a lot of think and dicussing with my best friend, who I have to send every part to and dedicate every story to (she's amazing, so I shouldn't complain) there IS going to be a sequel. Flare will be the other POV in first person, where as new characters will be in third.

Thank you all again!

-Janessa