Part Sixteen- The Mission

Flare's POV

I struggled under George's weight as he pinned me down. "No fair! You can use magic!"

He smiled down at me, leaning forward to kiss me on the lips. "Sorry princess. I think it's plenty fair since you could kick my butt if we're even."

"Well." I said. I wound my legs around his, flipping him onto his back. His smile left him to only be replaced with shock. "Or, I can kick you butt even without magic."

He laughed, kissing my nose tip. I scrunched up my nose and smiled at him. "That's my girl."

"Your girl?" I sat up and crossed my arms. "If I'm your girl, then you are my man."

"Good." George laughed. "Just don't let Mum catch you saying that. She'll go all teary eyed on us and I don't want to explain that we aren't engaged."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

He grinned. "You saw how she got with Bill and Fleur."

"Saw how who got with Bill and Fleur?" Mrs. Weasley poked her head into the living room. George stood up quickly, sending me to the floor with a squeak of surprise.

"Nothing." He said quickly.

"Then why is Flare on the floor?"

"What, she's-" He looked around. "Oh! Sorry Flare!"

He held out his hand and I took it. "All good. Just don't do that next time."

Mrs. Weasley narrowed her eyes at us. "Well, supper's almost ready. Fred said he was going out with Angelina."

I smiled warmly. "Too bad. I want to meet her."

George held my hand and pulled me towards the kitchen. Ron and Ginny looked up from their conversation briefly before continuing talking.

George left me at the table and reached into the cupboard. He held up a bottle of Firewhiskey. "Today is the day we celebrate Fred's girlfriend."

I covered my mouth at the sight of the bottle and my stomach churned wildly. "No."

Mrs. Weasley steadied me as I bent over and clutched the chair in front of me. "George."

I turned away from him and the table, my stomach still churning wildly. "George. Please. No."

I heard the thunk as the he opened the bottle up. The scent wafted towards me, both entrancing and disgusting. I gagged.

Then it all stopped. The scent was gone and when turned back, so was the bottle.

My eyes watered up. "Why?"

"I needed to know you weren't going to go back."

That shut me up. He was worried that I had turned into an alcoholic after Dad's dea- I couldn't bring myself to say it.

He peered at me. "Flare, darling, I'm sorry. I-I had to know."

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "Please, please don't ever do that again."

His arms caressed my body against his, his lips brushing my ear. "I promise love."

Love. I sighed in relief. Love was the name he called me when he was serious about something.

"George, Flare, come sit please." Mrs. Weasley said softly. I gave him another tight squeeze before letting go and sitting down.

George watched me sit down before he even moved. "Flare, I was thinking, and Fred already approved, but, I want you too move in with me. Above the shop."

I blinked back at him, registering what he had just said. "Like, live with you?"

"Yes love, live with me. And Fred, but one of us will move out in the end so the other can raise their family there." He slid into the seat next to me. "What do you say?"

"Yes!" I said with a smile. "I would love too!"

"Good." He picked up a piece of chicken and put it on my plate. I continued to stare at him in amazement. He truly loved me for who I was, not what I was and could do.

Mr. Weasley walked in with Uncle Remus, making me look away. I still felt slightly guilty that I had drank the first week of after Dad and yet Uncle Remus, one of his best friends, didn't.

"Mr. Weasley, Uncle." I said with a nod.

Uncle exchanged a look with George's father. "We need you to do something for us Flare. Order stuff."

I sat up slightly as Mrs. Weasley directed Ron and Ginny upstairs, following them. I waited for the door to shut before I spoke. "I quit, remember?"

"We know Flare, but we need you back in. There's rumors that You-Know-Who wants you on his side." Mr. Weasley said softly. "Also, the Malfoy boy is up to something of his own."

I narrowed my eyes. "Draco and I have nothing in common anymore. I don't talk to him, we both hate each other. End of story, the end. Not doing it."

"Flare. It's to protect everyone here!" Uncle slammed his fists into the table. I glared at him.

"Are you saying I'm not protecting anyone? Why do you think I'm going back?"

"You need to find out what he is up to. Despite your hatred, befriend him and maybe date him. We need to know." Mr. Weasley said with a glance at George.

I froze with disbelief. "You want me to cheat on your son!"

"He needs to understand sacrifice!" Uncle snapped.

George butted in. "I do understand."

"Then let her do this!" Remus snapped again. "It's the only way of protecting everyone."

I breathed slowly, closing my eyes to think. What do I do? What do I do, what do I do? George or protecting him? Betray him or not?

"I'll do it." I growled, opening my eyes. They all stared at me. "Only because I can't lose George."

The tension left the room as Remus unclenched his muscles. "Good."

He walked out of the room.

I got up and pushed my plate away. George watched me through expressionless eyes. "I'm sorry George, but I have to protect you in every way possible. I can't lose you. Not now, not ever. I love you and that is the reason I'm doing this."

He stood and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you too."

I wanted to cry but no tears came. Silently, I leaned against my man and closed my eyes, wishing this would all to away.