Part Two- The Run In

George's POV  

"Oops, sorry mates, didn't see you." I apologized again to Seamus and Dean as I walked right into them. They exchanged a look and shook their heads, hurrying away.

Fred grabbed my shoulder and shook me. "Georgie, what is wrong with you today? Something on your mind?"

I shrugged him off and turned down the lane way. "Guess so."

"Anyone in particular?" Fred said with a huge grin on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and pushed him in a snowbank. He fell back, laughing his head off at me.

"Git." I said lightly.

"I am NOT a git. I am a matchmaker from heaven!"

Fred got to his feet and brushed himself off. Temptation to push him back down was too right in my mind, so I fought it. Time for that later.

"You have not hooked Flare and I up." I stated with a smile. "You merely pointed her out in first year and she just comes over in the summer to spend time with us, except for last year."

Fred winked and slapped my back. "Georgie, you are in love."

I stepped forward, tripping over a pile of snow. "Freddie, you are wrong."

"Oh, really? You just couldn't take your eyes off her, could you?"

I flushed madly, failing to hide it from my brother. I tripped again, this time falling on my face. Fred just stood there and laughed loudly, almost doubling over.

"Knew it! I knew it! Georgie is in love, Georgie is in love!"

I rolled over onto my back and stared at him. People that we knew walked passed and stared at him, wondering who I loved.

"Freddie, just help me up." I held out a hand, waiting. Fred grabbed it and pulled.

"George is in love!" He continued saying loudly. He caught a Ravenclaw 4th Year's eye and he smiled. "My brother is in love!" She giggled and ran away.

I glared at my brother. "Thank you."

Fred grinned. "I'm so proud of you!" He pretended to wipe away a tear. "You are growing up on me!"

"Fred, I am not in love as you put it. I just, I don't know, like her." I mumbled.

He stopped and looked at me. "I'm so going to be the one to tell Mum."

I froze, imaging Mum's face. "No!"

"Watch me!" Fred took off, running as fast as he could.

I sprinted after him, my anger rising. "Fred! I'm going to get you!"

He laughed, and I pushed forward chasing him, until I ran full tilt into someone. We went straight to the ground, rolling.

"Sorry, are you okay?" I asked, blinking at the person beneath me. 

"Yeah, just a little winded." Came a muffled reply. A hand moved their scarf to reveal bright blue eyes and blacker than black hair. My eyes widened.

She blinked up at me, her eyes also wide as she realized who I was. "Um!" 

Her cheeks went bright red as her friends ran over.

"Flare, are you okay?"

"Omigosh Flare! Is that-"

"Nikki, I'm fine!" Flare sighed heavily. She glanced back at me. "Would you..." 

I blushed this time. "Yeah, sorry." I got up quickly and held out my hand. "I was chasing Fred."

She gave me a small smile as she turned back towards her friends. "Well, tell Fred that if I got hurt it would have been his fault."

I smiled at that. "Will do."

"See you around, I guess." She said over her shoulder, cheeks still flamed up. I couldn't tell if it was from me or the cold.

"Yeah, I'll see you around." I said. 

She shot me a smile and disappeared within the crowds of Hogsmede. Fred came up behind me with a smile.

"George is in love."

I smiled and turned back to him. "George is in love."