Part Nine- Waking Up

Flare's POV

Someone was shaking me, ruining my dream of George. My eyes flicked open quickly only to fall upon a flower placed right in front of my hand. Slowly, I raised my head and reached for it. I sucked in a breath. My favorite flower.

"Flare! Hello! Sel is coming soon!"  

I turned towards Nikki's voice and blinked at her. "Did you know?"

"Know what? Oh, and Cherie is coming over."

I turned to my only Ravenclaw friend, Cherie, as she made her way over towards us. Her hair hung loosely around her face, green eyes alight with mischief.

"Flare, Nikki, have you heard?" She asked quickly. I cocked my head in confusion.

"Heard what?" I asked, dragging my eyes back to the iris on the table. 

I picked it up and took it in my hand. With every turn, the sun caught the flower at it's best angle. The black was so dark, it looked like night had fallen, so pale gray that it was like looking at a storm cloud.

Cherie looked around before whispering. "Apparently one of the Weasley twins let slip that he likes a Slytherin! I just saw Draco and Selena and they are furious, but not as bad as your brother. He's fuming."

I just slowly nodded my head in respond, my eyes trailing to a note that was beside the flower.

I recognized the writing instantly and I sprang to my feet. "He didn't."

Nikki and Cherie exchanged a glance as I took off towards the lakeshore, one of his favorite places. Why did he say that he liked a Slytherin? Why? 

I could make out his ginger hair as I picked up speed. "George!"

He spun around, clearly confused. His dark brown eyes widened in shock.

"Why did you say that!" I yelled loudly as I continued to run towards him. "Why?"

"Because it's true!" He yelled back. I slowed down, stopping in front of him. "It's the truth. I like you, a lot."

I held up the flower, changing tactics. "How did you know?"

George blinked. "Know what?"

"It's my favorite kind of flower, down to the color. How did you know it was?"

He shook his head. "It was the first flower I could find." He admitted. "I thought you'd like it."

We stood there, just staring at each other. Nikki and Cherie were beside Fred and Katie, my brother fuming behind them.

"Flare, I'm sorry I hurt you. I never meant too. Katie starting kissing me and I knew it was wrong."

I held up my hand. "George, I still like you, but I can't trust you."

He took my hand in his, closing all distance between us. "I can wait for that trust."

I sighed, closing my eyes. He didn't understand. Hell, I didn't understand what I was feeling even, my emotions were so jumbled together that I couldn't tell then apart.

"George, I like you, but can we do this?" I asked opening my eyes.

With his other hand, he cupped my chin gently as if I was going to break in his hands. "With you, I could anything you wanted to do."

I nodded, giving George a small smile. "Then let's do this, together."

He smiled back. "Together."