Part Seven- The Yule Ball

Flare's POV 

I walked over to Nikki with a huge smile on my face. She smiled back, ignoring all the boys and grabbed my hands, leading me to the dance floor. 

"Blaise asked me out!" She giggled as we started to dance. I gave her a big smile. Nothing could reck these evening. 

"So, has George even said anything to you?"  

My smile widened. "He said that I looked lovely and breath taking tonight and that, if I wanted to, to bring you and the four of us go walking by the lake." 

Nikki gasped. "No. Way." 

"Yes, way." 

I spun around and tripped into George's arms. He caught me with a smile. 

"You miss me so much that you had the need to fall?" He asked dramatically. I rolled my eyes and said nothing. 

Nikki was bouncing up and down like a mad man. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" 

I laughed. "Calm down Nikki. Let me have some punch and we'll go." 

George kissed my cheek and I pulled away sharply. He sighed and nodded towards the Hall entrance. "I'll meet you out there in five minutes." 

I nodded, grabbing Nikki's hand and headed over towards the punch. She was still bouncing. 

"Why don't you go wait by the door?" I smiled at her with happiness. 

She giggled and took off. With a shake of my head, I picked up a glass and poured some punch into it. The peach colored juice sloshed around violently as I tried to steady it. 

Slowly, I took a small sip, thinking. It's been almost a week since the first kiss that George and I had, how do I put this, shared? Had? I shook my head. I had no clue. 

My thoughts were cut off as Nikki made her way back towards me, looking grim and upset. 

"Nikki!" I gasped, putting my punch down. "What happened?" 

She had never looked so grim in her life. Roughly, she grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the entrance. I stumbled after her blindly, trying to grab ahold of her. 

"Nikki, what is going-" 

I stopped talking and stared at George. Silently, a single tear fell down my cheek. He was kissing Katie Bell. 

"I'm sorry Flare, but you needed to know." Nikki whispered. 

I struggled to find words. "I thought, I thought..." 

More tears followed afterwards. I was so stupid. He played me into his little game! 

Quickly, I took off my shoes and ran away. It was bad enough that the girl who never cried was crying now. I was so embarrassed I couldn't even talk. 

I only made one little mistake. I bumped into George, stumbling back a few paces. 

He broke away from Katie quickly, flushing madly. He opened his mouth to say something, but the look on my face was enough for him. 

"Flare, it's not what it seems-" 

"Don't talk to me." I snapped, tears streaming. "Don't you ever even talk to me again. I can't believe I liked you!" 

I ran towards the dungeons, where my common room was. Every step reminded me of the hurt and pain on George's face and the anger on Katie's. He played me, my mind kept saying, he played me like a fool. 

Even my heart couldn't disagree on it. George played me like a fool, and soon, when I was better, I was going to have my revenge.