Chapter 20

"Emma?" I called as the doors shut behind Sam and I. I looked around the inside of the building frantically. My eyes slowly began to adjust to the dim lighting. I felt Sam shift next to me, just as antsy as me. I had to feel grateful for Sam after he had chased after me, ending up in this place where danger lurked around the corner

Then I heard something. I looked to the corner and saw someone  tied against the pole, their hands above their head. I recognized the blonde hair and strong, tall, feminine build. But then I saw all the blood and it all became too real for me."Emma?" I called slowly walking towards her. Suddenly the lights clicked on, my breath hitching. I turned around startled. 

"Sorry!" Sam called, backing away from the light switch. I turned back towards the figure. It was Emma, hands tied above her head and feet anchored to the bottom of pole. I felt sick as I analyzed her. She had blood and bruises all over her face, one large gash on her hair line and other minor cuts on her cheeks. But my eyes moved down to her chest where she had large, seemingly deep gashes that soaked her shirt in blood. Not to mention the ligature marks on her wrists. And the burn marks that had come from the electrocuting. 

"Emma!" I cried running towards her as I hoped to God she wasn't dead. I stood in front of her, taking my hands in her face. "Emma, baby, wake up please, I'm here. You're safe" I begged her as I signaled Sam to come over and help me with the ties. "Baby please wake up" I whispered. To my delight, Emma's eyes fluttered open, looking around dazed before landing on me. Her eyes went wide with panic as I gently pulled off the duct tape. 

"Luke what are you doing here?" she hissed, looking around worriedly. I let out a sigh of relief, resting my forehead against hers, not caring that I would probably have blood on my face.

"I'm here to get you out of here" I whispered, surprised she wasn't happier to see me. But I didn't care. I felt so much better having her in front of me and knowing that I could and would save her.

"Why is he here?" Emma asked looking at Sam with nervous eyes. Her voice remained a whisper although no one else was here.

"He works for the same department as you. Its okay alright? Everything's okay" I said stroking her cheek. Her lip trembled for a moment, her eyes watery as her under control act seemed to momentarily broke. I could only imagine how much being tortured could haunt someone. 

"Okay fine. Get your mom out of here first okay? You and Sam carry her out and untie her later. Its safer" she returned to her cool and composed self. I turned and saw my mom sitting against the wall tied up but she was barely bruised and there was no blood. Either Daniel figured she was useless or Emma had some how made him not torture her.

"Em but-" I tried to argue, my gut telling me not to leave her. I looked at her fragile, bloody, beaten face and felt my heart breaking all over again.

"Go now! You're waisting time" she interrupted, urging me to go. I bit my lip, my eyes moving back and forth as a rapid speed as I made my decision.

"Fine okay but I'm coming back okay? Im not leaving you behind" I told. Than I leaned down and kissed her, the taste of blood remaining on my lips as I pulled back and nodded."Oh wait what was that scream?" I asked as I was walking away.

"He set it on a timer. It goes off every ten minutes" she breathed tiredly, her eyes drifting to the live wires taped to her side. I felt my stomach go sick with the thought. "Go" she nudged me. I turned back around and kept walking, moving fast so I could get Emma as soon as possible. I nodded at Sam as we jogged over to my mother.

"Mom its okay we're getting you out of here okay" I told her as she nodded frantically. I looked at Sam and we picked up my mother and carried her out the wear house to the car. Sam opened the door and I put my mother down in the back seat, cutting the duct tape off her hands and gave her the scissors to cut herself out. I pulled the tape off her mouth.