Chapter 18

Stop! Stop! I cried but my mouth was duct tape shut. I was screaming but I couldn't talk. Tears were running down my face. I watched as he dragged the knife along her burnt body, leaving a trail of blood. Emma just shook, unable to move. Her eyes were tired and she was pale. She had already lost too much blood. Then with a quick jerk of his arm, he dug the knife into her chest. She looked surprised for a second but then a peaceful expression came over her face as her eyes rolled back into her head. Her body went limp as the only thing keeping her up was the ropes she was tied in. NO I screamed.

"Luke!" Sam screamed. I jolted up in my bed still screaming. I looked around panicked as the screams began to die down as I realized it had been a nightmare. Sam was sitting on the floor next to my bed looking at me with concern.  My breathing eventually slowed, my hand wiping the beads of sweat from my forehead. "What the hell was that?" Sam asked, his forehead creased in worry.

I rubbed my forehead as my screaming had given me a headache. "Night terrors. They started after my dad died. They had gone away when I was with Emma  but I guess they're back" I looked at the clock. It was 5 in the morning and today was the day we were going to save Emma and my mother. 

Sam and I had traced my mothers phone to the abandoned wear house where Emma and I had trained in. After that Sam and I went to the station and collected some weapons. We each got a gun and a knife. Our plan wasn't that good but it would work. We would drive there, storm in, kill Daniel and than rescue Emma and my mother. Daniel would be alone so Sam and I would outnumber him. We were assuming Daniel would have little to no weapons, and if we acted quick enough wouldn't even have the chance to get to them.

"One more hour and we will be ready to go" Sam encouraged, reading my thoughts. I nodded and than put my head down on the pillow. I breathed in, my heart aching as the pillow still had Emma's scent. I repeated her words in my head, 'Its all going to be okay' and for once I decided to believe it.