Chapter 19

"Luke you ready?" Sam asked as he straightened his tie. I nodded as I did the same, smoothing my jacket. "You okay? You look nervous" Sam said turning away from the mirror towards me.

"What me nervous? Why would I be nervous about rescuing my family from a professional killer?" I rolled my eyes, unable to tone down my sarcasm.

 Sam nodded and breathed out. We stood in the kitchen, both nervous about the events soon to come. I shoved my hands into my pockets to keep them from shaking. 'Its going to be okay' I imagined Emma saying it again. My thought was over ruled by a thought of Emma trapped and hurt in the wear house. I thought I was going to throw up.

"Alright lets go" I said anxious to save family. Sam grabbed his keys off the counter and opened the door. A cold breeze slapped Sam and I in the face. A shiver ran down my back as if warning me. 

"Its now or never, I guess" Sam said as I followed him out the door to his car. 

+

"Can you turn on the radio please?" I asked, as I drummed my fingers on the window. We had been riding for half an hour or so and I was getting antsy, the silence wasn't helping.

"No man, I don't feel like it" Sam said shaking his head. His eyes hadn't left the road the whole trip.

"Dude its so quiet I'm going to go out of my god damn mind" I said. After he didn't respond and reached to turn the radio on.

"I said no" Sam said slapping my hand away. "I need to focus" Sam said, shooting me a sideways glance, his green eyes dark.

"Sam! Please? We could put on some pump up music or-" Sam cut me off, his posture going stiffer then it already was.

"Shut up, we're here. Now put your shades on and let me do the talking" Sam told me. I looked out the window. We were pulling up to a gate that lead to the wear house. I don't remember exactly how Emma got in but I think she used her police badge or something.

Sam rolled down the window. He held out his badge to a camera on the top of the fence. Sam and I held our breathe. Eventually, the gate made a creaking noise and it began to open. The gate was old and covered in rust.

"That wasn't so bad" I said. I unclenched my hand when I realized my nails had been digging into my hand. "Was that supposed to be hard?" I asked when Sam didn't answer. He handed me the badge. It held a picture of a man that wasn't Sam.

"This was my dad's badge. Its out of date. This old wear house only has the old badges registered. When my badge was made it just missed the cut off" Sam explained taking his badge back. I nodded and made a mental note to get to know Sam better after it was all over.

We pulled up in front of the wear house. The car came to a stop and Sam turned off the car, leaving us to sit in silence. I cleared my throat, trying to get rid of my nerves Sam looked at me and swallowed. "Now or never" he repeated with a nod. And with that we opened the doors and stood out side the wear house. "See anything?" Sam asked looking around. 

"Nope" I said. "I think he's out" I patted my pockets to make sure I had everything.

A scream rang out, the source being Emma. Sam and I looked at each other and then back at the wear house. "Emma!" I screamed running towards the wear house.

"Luke wait!" Sam chased after me. My heart thumped in my ear as I panicked. I screamed for Emma again, praying to god she was okay. The door into the wear house became closer and closer. Sam kept chasing, begging me to wait a second a think. But I didn't. I hit the door bar as I exploded into the wear house.