XXXVIII. WHERE'S MY MIND?

WHERE'S MY MIND?

WHERE'S MY MIND?

When a knock came from the door about an hour later, Harper rushed towards it, ready to tell whoever it was that they were busy. Only as the door glided open and the man standing there looked up, Harper saw someone who she thought would never side with them. It was Peter Hale.

Raising her eyebrows, she let out a dry chuckle, "what are you doing here?"

"Well, sweetheart, I'm here to lend a helping hand, since the big, bad alpha doesn't seem capable doing it himself," Peter smirked back, his words as slow and patronising as always.

Scott appeared right behind Harper before she could spit back a witty remark, his hand on the doorframe above her head. He looked relieved to see the former alpha, much to Harper's surprise. She didn't know what they needed him for, but she was honestly more than willing for him to come inside it meant saving Stiles.

Peter sent her an over the top smile as she moved out of the way before he began to head towards the living room, taking his precious time. Harper closed the door and turned to face Scott, her face scrunched up in confusion.

"What do we need Peter Hale for?" The teenage girl asked, "are you forgetting what he did to me, you, Lydia, Stiles, Allison, Derek, Laura Hale, almost your mum-"

"Okay, I get it, he's done a lot of bad things," Scott placed his hand on her shoulder, cutting her off from her long list of people Peter had hurt or at least set out to, "but right now I think he might be our only hope. Derek's not picking up and we need to change Stiles' body in order to get rid of the Nogitsune."

Harper's eyes widened in realisation.

"You're gonna bite him?" She breathed, "you're gonna turn Stiles into a werewolf?"

Scott swallowed nervously but nodded, "it's the only way, Harper..."

She forced a nod, "yeah, yeah, I understand," she paused before taking a deep breath, "come on, we better go see what Peter Hale has to say."

...

Peter began to walk around behind the couch, looking down at Stiles' body with judgemental eyes. Harper almost felt defensive as she folded her arms across her chest, waiting for what he had to say. His blue eyes stopped on Stiles' face, his eyebrows raised.

"He doesn't look like he could survive a slap to the face," Peter scoffed incredulously, "much less the bite of a werewolf."

Void looked back up at him as the older man came to stand in front, a smirk evident on his face and an unknown glint in his eyes. If Harper could, she would've tried to figure out what it was, except she couldn't feel anything a demon felt.