XVII. ARGENT

Harper was shaking when she finally made it back to the hospital, praying to find her friends or Melissa still there. She didn't have a key to her house on her and nobody was picking up their phones, so she was forced to walk two miles in the pouring rain. Her body trembled as she hugged herself tighter, her wet hair sticking to her uncomfortably.

Her brown eyes cast upon Stiles. He was sat defeated in one of the waiting chairs while police moved around him, inspecting something Harper wasn't sure about. The brunette moved over to him, quickly catching his attention. His hazel eyes locked with hers and his lips parted to let out a sigh of relief.

He stood up, immediately wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close to his chest, not caring whether or not she was soaked to the bone. She exhaled shakily, thankful to be this close to the boy she loved so dearly. He felt so warm that she never wanted to let him go.

"What happened to you?" Stiles questioned, pulling apart from her, "why were you out in the rain?"

"It's a long story," Harper's teeth chatter, "I can tell you later. Where's everyone?"

Stiles took his plaid shirt off and handed it to her, "go change in the bathroom."

She sent him a tight lipped smile and took it from him, "t-thanks, Stiles."

Once she was back from the bathroom and in his plaid shirt, which was too big on her, she sat down beside him in the chairs, leaning her head against his shoulder. Her head filled with memories of the voicemail that he had sent her- the one she wanted to talk about before they got caught up in the whole supernatural mess.

He turned to look at her and couldn't help but smile softly, "I love it when you wear my shirts."

Harper blushed a little, her hands moving to hide inside his sleeves. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and began to trace soothing circles.

"You never answered my question before," Harper realised, "where is everyone?"

Stiles sighed, his face falling. He begins to explain the shortened story of what happened that night while Harper was gone. How they fought the Alpha twins, how he found Cora and had to give her CPR because she stopped breathing, how Melissa was taken as a sacrifice, and how Scott...

"He left us for Deucalion?" Harper repeated in disbelief, "why?"

Stiles ran a hand down his face, "to save his mum and my dad. I still think he's an idiot though."

Before Harper could reply, the doors of the hospital swung open and a very familiar man entered. Harper's mouth fell open a little and Stiles groaned, leaning his head back against the wall behind them. The FBI agent saw the pair and began to walk over.

"Just perfect," Stiles muttered sarcastically.

Scott's dad was back in Beacon Hills.

Harper looked up as the tall man towered over them.

"A Stilinski at the centre of this whole mess. What a shocker," Agent McCall spoke very monotone, his eyes dragging over to Harper, "Ms Verum," he acknowledged distastefully.

Harper rolled her eyes in response.

"Think you two can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?" He shoves his hands in his pockets.

Stiles replied quickly, "if you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid."

Scott's distant father chuckles dryly, his stone cold eyes settling on Harper's tiny frame beside the witty teenage boy. He quickly notices how the flannel she's wearing is two times too big for her, and puts two and two together.