VIII. THE FIRST TIME

the first time

the first time

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time."

"Nice, okay, next word. 'Incongruous'," Stiles swiped the screen on the iPad where all of Scott's revision notes were being stored.

Harper leaned her head on her boyfriend's shoulder, closing her eyes as Scott went silent for a second, deep in thought. Her stomach ached like nothing she had ever felt before, beads of sweat covering her sickly pale skin.

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" The werewolf requested, almost gritting his teeth at the pain that he was feeling in his own stomach.

"Yes. Yes, I can," Stiles huffed, "it's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous."

Harper winced at Stiles' blunt reference to what had happened last night. Everybody had been moved by what had occurred- even Stiles and Harper who hadn't been there, but had definitely felt the after effects.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd," Scott listed, boredom lacing his tone, although he knew that his revision was important, and it was at least somewhat distracting him from his crazed thoughts and memories.

"Perfect. Okay, next word," Stiles pretended to think about it, "um, Darach. Darach- it's a noun."

Stiles was talking about the dark druid that Deaton had told him about the other day after school. Lydia had found the music teacher had been taken, and when Harper hadn't picked up her phone, she called Stiles, who had already been with Deaton at the time.

Deaton explained that it was the dark druid, the Darach, taking the sacrifices, after they found test papers in Harris' room spelling out the supernatural creature. Harris was missing, leaving his brief case behind, leaving the teenagers to conclude that he had been taken due to his military connections- just like Kyle and the music teacher.

The Stilinski boy turned his head, being careful of Harper who was still resting on his shoulder, seeing the look that Scott was giving him. He rolled his hazel eyes.

"We have to about it sometime, okay?" Stiles spoke, frustrated, "and we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?"

Harper groaned, scrunching her eyes shut as a particuarly bad wave of pain flooded through her, "I don't even take cross-country," she complained, a small whimper accidentally escaping her lips when she moved to much, "I don't understand why I have to be here."

Stiles sighed worriedly, his large hand reaching down to clasp her smaller one. She squeezed it gently.

"Because I don't want anything happening to you while we're all on this trip. Not after what happened last night," Stiles shook his head at the memory burned in his head as she began to play with his fingers absent mindedly.