XIV. FRIENDS

Sheriff Stilinski had been kind enough to drop Harper off at Lydia's house, after he had called Melissa to let her know that she was okay

Sheriff Stilinski had been kind enough to drop Harper off at Lydia's house, after he had called Melissa to let her know that she was okay. Harper knocked on the front door of her strawberry blonde best friend's house, a small smile on her face when Lydia answered.

"Harps, come in," Lydia welcomed, "Allison and I tried calling you a dozen times so you could hang out with us today, but you weren't replying."

"Oh, my phone died and then I accidentally broke it," she sighed as they began to make their way up the stairs to her bedroom.

Lydia pushed the door open, revealing a tidy room. The mint green walls had picture frames dotted around it, and upon the double bed laid Allison Argent, who was flipping through a magazine. The hunter looked up and smiled at the sight of Harper.

"Hey, Harps," she sat up, speaking softly.

Scott had told Allison what had happened between Stiles and Harper, since she was currently the only one that didn't know in the pack. Everybody knew to be soft towards the broken up couple, since neither one of them were taking it lightly.

"Hi, Ally," Harper laid down next to her, looking up at the plain, white ceiling, "you two need to catch me up on everything that's been going on. I've been totally out of the loop for the past couple of days."

Allison chuckled dryly, "well, you're in for one hell of a story, then."

"Hit me," Harper leaned her chin on her hand, waiting expectantly.

"Okay, well, there were three new sacrifices. Healers. They took two doctors from Beacon Hills Memorial Hopsital, and also Deaton, Scott's boss," Allison explained, "but Scott found Deaton before it was too late."

Harper hummed, "oh yeah, Scott did tell me about that part."

"Okay, well, the next part... The next part-" Allison couldn't finish her sentence.

Lydia cut her off, "Harper, Boyd died."

Harper was stunned into silence, "what?" She managed to whisper, "how? When?"

"Deucalion sent Kali, Ethan, and Aiden to fight Derek at the loft. Derek was with Boyd and Isaac, and when they got Derek weak they forced him to kill Boyd," Lydia explained sadly, "something about joining the Alpha pack and killing one of his betas."

Harper's eyebrows were furrowed together, "poor Boyd," she whispered, "he didn't deserve any of this mess."

"I know," Allison replied, leaving them in a silence for a couple of minutes.

Lydia got up from where she had been sat at her desk chair, moving to her bedside drawer. She shuffled through chargers and wires, coming across an old phone at the very bottom. She grabbed the charger that belonged with it and passed it to Harper.

"Here, have it," Lydia smiled, "it's a little out of date but it's better than not having one at all. You can put your number in it if you call your phone company."